Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90 xls in manual mode

A center near my home recently installed refurbished 82-90 xls with Qubica scoring. Since I work on 70s (MP with kickers) with Accuscore boxes, I decided to go check out the differences.

The big surprise was that the machines are operating in Manual mode rather than Normal mode. One mechanic told me that's how it has been from the beginning. Another thought there was a problem getting them to turn on from the desk after surge suppressors were installed for the curtain wall units (f-boxes?).

The machines and scoring seem to be working OK, and the head mechanic seems satisfied. One mechanic likes the fact that the machines don't beep when fired up. My two questions are these:
    1. Is this normal?
    2. Since things are working OK, does it matter?

I've got my curious up. Help!

Re: 82-90 xls in manual mode

Quote:]Originally posted by Ar Rar:

The machines and scoring seem to be working OK, and the head mechanic seems satisfied. One mechanic likes the fact that the machines don't beep when fired up. My two questions are these:
    1. Is this normal?
    Help!
    [/QUOTE]

Well, if it's working now, and has been working OK for a while, might as well let it be...
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Ar Rar:
      The big surprise was that the machines are operating in Manual mode rather than Normal mode.The machines and scoring seem to be working OK, and the head mechanic seems satisfied. One mechanic likes the fact that the machines don;t beep when fired up. My two questions are these:
      1. Is this normal?
      [/QUOTE]

That SURE isn't normal !

If the "HEAD" thinks the fact that the machine doesn't "BEEP" on Start up is a GOOD thing , He needs his head read

The Beeping is a Safety warning for service staff that the Setter will start running in less than 30 secs , A DAMN SMART safety idea from AMF I think

Also what effect(s) having machines ALL in Backend MANUAL / WORKSHOP mode on setting the machines in Practice mode etc from the front desk &amp; etc ( I'm not sure , never tried ,Have Had no reason )
      Also it probably burns up more power as the 90XL Power Saving Mode is not being used to it's max advantage

This is NOT HOW 90XL's should be running &amp; I would be getting some AMF Tech centre advice ASAP to get this situation into the SOP for 90XL's

We run refurbished 90XL's ( Ex-Korea ) at my venue &amp; they operate as would be expected ( IE Normally )

If this site is AMF run , I would be getting it up to SPEC / SOP ASAP , Running Full Time Manual Mode is not how they are set to work [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

MARK
        that beeping is annoying to me and some guys I know put tape over the speaker hole you can still hear it but it's just not as annoying. :p
        I wish they would have put the sound of a girls voice having a screaming orgasm saying OH GOD-OH GOD-HARDER-FASTER-GIVE IT TO ME-OH MARK GIVE IT TO ME. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] that I could live with. CRUD
        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

I know safety is no laughing matter but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Androo Fillups ]
          http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by CRUDWEISER=BUD:
            that beeping is annoying to me and some guys I know put tape over the speaker hole you can still hear it but it's just not as annoying. :p
            CRUD
            [/QUOTE]

ARGH [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

If the beeping in the back end from the 90XL Chassis is the only thing that annoys people , well OK then .

But I find the noise from the 24 running Setters , Constant crashing of Balls &amp; Pins into cushions , Trouble Calls from the Desk , PPU's , Compressor start ups Annoying [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I'll just put a bit of Tape on all of those things &amp; I'll be able to hear the Chassis beeping easier [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow. This is my house and I am still wondering why our 90XLs were set up that way. Always in Manual Mode. November 2001 would have been just after our major remodel when our original A2s were replaced with 90XLs. Qubica Bowland back then, now BES-X.

I enabled backend power saving timeout in all of the chassis about two years ago, so they do beep now before the backend motor kicks in.
              Don't let those quick fixes become permanent ones; the job is not done until it is done right.

Comment

The beep alarm is a warning that the back end motor is coming on.

It also activates when you first power up the chassis. It's there for safety.

-- Larry

Comment

That is one of the reasons I enabled it, so we have some warning before backend motors kick on. The other reason was to save electricity and reduce wear on backend components. At the time they chose not to use it, it probably seemed a trivial thing, but from 2001 - 2018 I am sure it probably added up to thousands of dollars of electricity and parts usage due to premature wear.
                  Don't let those quick fixes become permanent ones; the job is not done until it is done right.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X