Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting chassie's to short strike...

I know I haven't been on in awhile, been doing alot of little things around the center and the latest is giving me a headache. I'm converting all my chassie's so my machines will do the short strike cycle and 7 - 10 pin pick, short gutter ball, etc. My problem is this: I have one machine that when I put one of the 3 MP chassie's I have on with the wiring upgrade for the short strike want's to set pins down on top of the pins aready down on first ball. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] When I put a converted 5 board chassie on the problem goes away and when I put the MP chassie on another lane there is no problem. So if anyone has run into something like this I would and know's how I can resolve it please let me know. Oh yea, Mike I've still been reading all the post and still think this is the best site for our business, thanks. Keep it up.

Joe [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Re: converting chassie's to short strike...

If this is happening with an RPO cycle,check your C2A plug for good connection points for the gripper switch wire you grounded in the machine. (Sometimes connections make good with some machine plugs but not others)

If this is happening only during a scoring cycle, check connections at the APS plug. You may not be getting accurate signal info from the camera.

Comment

It would help to know how you converted your 5 board chassis's. Do you have Omega-tech or Creative tech. This can help narrow your problem down even more.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

JOE
        I'VE had the problem you describe and I'VE had it not want to spot pins (no solenoid) it's always been a bad circuit breaker on back control most everyone thinks it's just a circuit breaker [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        I converted a 32 laner from ss chassis to mp and had 5 bad breakers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] CRUD
        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

They are Omega-tech boards with the omega tech expander board. The machine works fine with this chassie on but not with the MP chassie from Creative or AMF (same thing, except AMF tacks on about $200 for the chassie.)
          I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

Question. On a regular MP chassis you hook up to the APS plug and on the 5 board chassis you hook up to the pc board. How are you able to swop 2 different chassis around like that? Is there a adapter plug for the 5 board chassis to hook up to the APS cable or do you just run 2 seperate cables to the scrorer? Just wondering.

Comment

There is a adpt. for the chassie. Call Creative Tech they can fix you up.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Joe

Comment

JJ

I believe you splice wires in where you go into the Accuscore chassis.

Jerry

Comment

King is correct. There are three wires that attatch to the cable running to the MI box from the scorer. Then there is a plug that connects the board in the pinspotter chassis.
                  Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X