Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackscrew repair

Lane 8 was low on the opposite of the ball door. I tore the pit apart and the last mechanic had taken the allen tool out of the jackscrew. I tried to crank it down and level the machine up but it was frozen. I fixed it by taking a 7/8 socke and putting it under the jackscrew. Just lifted up the machine with a prybar and slid it under. Thought I would share this fix.

Jerry

Re: Jackscrew repair

KING
    I hope you used a good socke like a snap on so it doesn't break down the road. :p CRUD
    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

We had a problem something like that... when they installed the new side after the fire, they only used 1/2" and 5/8" plywood under the machines, and after they ran a few months, the legs wore thier way right through the floor. We made spacer legs out of 1/4" steel plate with 1" pipe rings welded to them to spread out the weight a bit. We can raise and lower them by putting 3/4" washers in the bottom of the pipe sections.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Uh...Ok...

Let us know if you need help.

Comment

never had one that wouldnt budge usin a 2 foot pipe wrench on the under threads. i had the OBD side of 27 sitting on a 4x4 block of wood. the setting never held and i couldnt find another "stopper". at another center i came across a couple dozen stoppers.

Comment

Anybody know the # for the “hockey puck” that go under the jackscrew?
            Dutch

Comment

Dutch, I'll try to post it tomorrow. I was going through some stuff from a few years ago and found a bag full with the number on it.
              TOON
              Sorry Dutch, # on bag was long gone [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] .

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: toon30s ]
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Anybody else have a clue to the # for the “hockey puck”?

Comment

Dutch,

They look like common grade 8 flat washers.
                  Size 3/4.

Jerry

Comment

King,

I think you're thinking of something else. The thing that I'm talking about actually looks like a hockey puck.

Dutch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X