Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackscrew repair

Lane 8 was low on the opposite of the ball door. I tore the pit apart and the last mechanic had taken the allen tool out of the jackscrew. I tried to crank it down and level the machine up but it was frozen. I fixed it by taking a 7/8 socke and putting it under the jackscrew. Just lifted up the machine with a prybar and slid it under. Thought I would share this fix.

Jerry

Re: Jackscrew repair

KING
    I hope you used a good socke like a snap on so it doesn't break down the road. :p CRUD
    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

We had a problem something like that... when they installed the new side after the fire, they only used 1/2" and 5/8" plywood under the machines, and after they ran a few months, the legs wore thier way right through the floor. We made spacer legs out of 1/4" steel plate with 1" pipe rings welded to them to spread out the weight a bit. We can raise and lower them by putting 3/4" washers in the bottom of the pipe sections.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Uh...Ok...

Let us know if you need help.

Comment

never had one that wouldnt budge usin a 2 foot pipe wrench on the under threads. i had the OBD side of 27 sitting on a 4x4 block of wood. the setting never held and i couldnt find another "stopper". at another center i came across a couple dozen stoppers.

Comment

Anybody know the # for the “hockey puck” that go under the jackscrew?
            Dutch

Comment

Dutch, I'll try to post it tomorrow. I was going through some stuff from a few years ago and found a bag full with the number on it.
              TOON
              Sorry Dutch, # on bag was long gone [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] .

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: toon30s ]
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Anybody else have a clue to the # for the “hockey puck”?

Comment

Dutch,

They look like common grade 8 flat washers.
                  Size 3/4.

Jerry

Comment

King,

I think you're thinking of something else. The thing that I'm talking about actually looks like a hockey puck.

Dutch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X