Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stash or Trash #8

I got a shoe box full of these things. Should I Trash them?

Re: Stash or Trash #8

JIMMY
    do you have any of what went along with those that fell off at times and looked like hell from the front. :p CRUD
    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

JJ,

If you dont want the pennies I will take them.

What is that other piece of ****?

Jerry

Comment

Crud you gave it away....I liked those 82/70 signs.

Jerry

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by 82/70 king:
          Crud you gave it away....I liked those 82/70 signs.

Jerry
          [/QUOTE]

I'M sorry I gave it away. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          I wish jimmy would put some hard ones on maybe he's just using the easy ones first. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
          EL CRUD

Comment

I Got your standard 8270's. Not much to them.

Have you seen the new AMF cushion planks??? What do you think about them?

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
              I Got your standard 8270's. Not much to them.

Have you seen the new AMF cushion planks??? What do you think about them?
              [/QUOTE]

you got me on this one I haven't heard about the new planks are they made with pressed cardboard
              [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] the way they seem to be making things nowdays it's built not to last. :p CRUD

Comment

That's a good one Gary!

I say trash 'em.
                Most people do not have enough taste to like the signs.
                Also, I took those hooks off of the sign I have, in order to hang it on my wall at home.

Keep up the incredibly obscure, arcane, wierd work, you badass you!!!
                El Chaddo

Comment

While we're on the subject, why doesn't somebody come up with the part name for my signature part#?

Comment

Crud, I received one of the "new" laminated cushion planks last week. It's made out of baltic birch plywood. During the 80's, I sold cushion planks made out of solid oak and ash. The price of solid wood drove me to use plywood by '85. I made about 1,500 plywood planks by '89. They were sold as Dura Plank. I would stamp any distributors name on the plank, along with stamped serial numbers which indiacated the date and the number of the plank. I also made and sold the Dura Rivet. A typical indented stamp might read, 78700926. That would be plank number 926, made July '87. I stamped the planks because I gave a one year guarantee and I needed to know when a plank was sold. I still have almost all of the plywood planks in my machines along with solid ones from 1982. AMF's plank looks good!!
                    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
                    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

AMFPINBOY
                      AMF"S plank might look good but will it last [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] if you gave a whole year warranty with yours I wouldn't have bought them :p the good planks used to last longer then a year [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I would rather pay a little more for parts and have them last
                      if yours were so good why didn't you give a five year warranty [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] CRUD

Comment

CRUD, AMF never gave you a refund on a plank unless you received it broken. I limited the planks from one year after the date stamped on the plank, because some houses would try get a new plank after three or four years use and then claim that they just put it in. You can tell if a plank is more than a year old. I only had to replace about six planks in eight years. Six replacements out of 2,500+, isn't too bad. CRUD, if you'de like, I'll send you a plank free and you tell me what you think. There are a few blanks in the basement that were never completed. You pay for the shipping. Deal?
                        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
                        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

AMFPINBOY
                          thanks for the offer but if your not making them anymore I might like it and then couldn't get anymore [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] CRUD

Comment

i always thought that was the score. i thought some guy wrote the score on those cards. then i thought it odd everybody's score was 82 to 70

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by CRUDWEISER=BUD:
                              AMFPINBOY
                              thanks for the offer but if your not making them anymore I might like it and then couldn't get anymore [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] CRUD
                              [/QUOTE]

They were the best planks ever made because of the layered plywood design the plank took a lot of the stress off of the weldment....kind of like an OSHA approved plank for carpenters. It has give but wont snap. It would eventually splinter at the rear side where the rivets came out but if used with the durra-rivet and today's cushion facing it would last for years!!!

I asked the pin boy if he was interested in manufacturing these again and no reply....I guess I'll have to look into it my self. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X