Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked pbl door weldments....

Hey all!!

I was cleaning the ball lifts at the centre today, and I noticed probably about 75% of the machines (in a 24-lane centre) have cracked door weldments as shown in the picture. Most of these dont pose a problem, but sometimes the inner part of the weldment raises up at the crack and scratches the crap outta balls.

Previously we have been fixing this by replacing the whole door weldment, which most of you know isnt the best (or easiest) job to do on a machine!! The we would weld the crack up and wait for the next one to go.

It only seems to happen to a pair (both weldments are cracked, or neither of them are) and the cracks are usually no more than 1 inch long.

Nothing really major i guess, but i was just wondering if you guys know how we can stop this.

Have fun!

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: kryley ]

Re: cracked pbl door weldments....

Check and see if where the A part of the machine bolts to the B assy. is tight. Other wise ball impacts move the pit assy. causing these type of fractures. The ball door assy seems to be a major part in keeping the 2 machines together.

I would not waste my time welding them. I would replace them with the Life long ball door rings that come with the humpbacks. They are very thick and sturdy as an anvil. I have them across the house...some for 2 1/2 years. No broken ones yet. We are high lineage and cannot afford to lose a pair to broken weldments anytime.

Jerry

Comment

I installed pbls 4 years ago and they came with urethane door rings. I haven't had a single one break yet. Maybe it would be worth trying the urethane ones. Also if one would break, I don't think it would cause any ball damage because they are soft.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

I agree with King, I'd replace the broken ones with Lifelong's door weldments. Not only are the the sturdiest, but they also have a 10 year warranty. check out their webpage
        Bowlingproducts.com
        I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is...

Comment

Urethane Ball Door rings. . . or a nice layer of duct tape

Comment

070-011-641 Even
            070-011-642 Odd

Comment

We had breakage & flexing problems with the plastic ones. Sometimes the head of a pin would get stuck between the hotdog & the rear plate of the ring.
              I would suggest the lifelong ball door rings too. They're the same as the AMF metal rings, just built better.

Dutch

Comment

Hey kryley,
                It would help alot if we could see the pic, down here in victoria a red x dosent look like a craked pbl door weldment, [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] or maybe we just dont get enough sun down here and it effects our vision for makeing x look like door weldment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: cobow ]
                Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
                Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
                Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Glad you mentioned that Cowbow......I thought it was my computer playing up again!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

To see the pic..right click on the red x and click properties. Highlight the URL shown then copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser. Then, after it loads, click the back button.

Some web page providers are too slow and Bowl-Tech dosn't recognise them.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: BrunsAce ]
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Hey Kryley,

We've started to get rid of the metal rings here now &amp; replacing them with the red AMF u'thane - First pair went in 6 months ago now - still no probs (and no scratched balls !!)

Trying to do a pair per month as the budget permits.

Jomno

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X