Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still using Vantage solid cups?

Hiya Guys...

Anyone still use the Vantage Grey solid spot cups ? If so have they improved from a few years ago...

Use to use them - you could drive a car over them without breaking , but any overtightening in the machine used to crack around the u-bolt so easily......

Jomno

Re: Anyone still using Vantage solid cups?

I have a few on....they seem to work well!

Jerry

Comment

I've got a couple on, and like Jerry said, they work well. I would recommend them.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Same over here... I have a couple on here and there, and they run with no problems. I'd recommend them. Only thing with them is that they're TOO strong...they'll probably never break in the machine, but a pin jammed on top of one of them might shove the pin holders up through the top of the bin or bend the shuttle rails before it even thinks about breaking.

The only ones I ever had problems with are the gray or black plastic cups...I don't remember where we even got them, but we could never get them to spot right, and they broke too easily.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I don't like plastic cups. You can't see how the pins are being set from standing in the back.

Comment

I have a lot of the grey vantage cups, I did not install them they were already on when became the mechanic here. I liked them at first until I tried setting the pins on spot. They are alright anywhere but 1,3,5,9 spots. This is where the links are for the "lightning rod" and there is not much room for left to right adjustment as it is. The grey cups have a wider base than the aluminum cups.
            Im going back to good old aluminum in my center.

Eric

Comment

The vantage lexan cups are far better than any other on the market. If you get a pin jammed under the aluminum cups the cup bends or brakes. The lexan doesnt budge. I have 10 lanes of them and they are by far the best.I mean no comparison.AMF should make there cups solid and forget the bolt on the bottom. And who needs to see through the cup???? When they were first made they did not have the lining to quiet down the shuttle of the pins. Now they have the rubber inserts and they are quiet as a mouse.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by METRO_LK:
                And who needs to see through the cup???? [/QUOTE]
                I guess you could say "nobody needs too". But if your bowling ball had to travel threw a tunnel streching from 35' to 45' you would think "that sucks".

Comment

I've been leaning more toward the aluminum 'pit bull' cups... they are cast with much more material in the webbing, which lowers cracking and breaking to almost zero, but they still have the same 'footprint' as the original AMF aluminum cups.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X