Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions about 82/70 solid state chassis

1. Why does one cycle when turned on?
    2. What controls time delay when they shut off?

Re: Two questions about 82/70 solid state chassis

They cycle when turned on if they are put in Instro mode first. Some dont even do this. Depends on the chassis.

They run for 60 seconds to eliminate dist jams. If the pinwhell shuts off when the pin is falling off the pinwheel you have a jam. The M relay controls this I believe.

Jerry

Comment

The H-time delay controls delay after machine is turned off. Located near fuses or cb 1-2-3.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by ffejbowl:
        1. Why does one cycle when turned on?
        2. What controls time delay when they shut off?
        [/QUOTE]

Well, as to cycling... if you're talking about the machine cycling immediately when power is applied, I'd say there is a potential problem somewhere. If it cycles after Instructomat (shadow practice), that is normal. If it's cycling when powered on, I can hazard a couple guesses on why (excluding things like short circuits and such) 1. Check your SA/SB/SC cam followers with the switch gauge, your SA cam might be out of adjustment just far enough to 'make' on power up and drop the sweep, causing a cycle (remember, 66 guard on sweep controls cycle and starts table run). The SA camswitch might also be broken. 2. Swap the chassis with another machine - if the problem moves, then the chassis is at fault...if not, then you have a problem in the switches or wiring. 3. This is a rare one, but I have seen it happen... after sitting for a while, if the gearbox or motor has a lot of 'play' in it, the sweep will slowly creep downwards far enough to activate SA, causing the sweep to drop and cycle the machine. Easiest way to check that is to set a short level or a piece of bar stock across the sweep and the pit light. Level it out with a stack of washers and forget about it overnight (turn off the breaker on the back of the machine)...if it's out of level the next morning, you have a bad case of the sweep-creeps...check the motor and gearbox for problems.

8270King is right - the time delay is a little rectangular box with 3 or 4 wires coming out of it, located near the fuses on the inner side of the chassis. It controls time delay through the M relay (holds the BE relay coil energized through M for 30-60 seconds to finish pin feed.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

King is right on with the time delay. That is controlled by the M relay. I also believe it keeps the ball return running up front too. As far as cycling when turned on, I would also check your SA cam switch after you have eliminated the chassis itself as the culprit. If you discover that the chassis is at fault, try swapping the board (or boards) with another chassis and see if the problem follows the board or stays with the chassis. Also it would help to know what kind of boards you are running ie. Omega tech, creative tech, or the original 5 boards.
          Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Where's Coors? He knows this crap inside out [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

When you flip the machine "on" you are turning on the M and M2 relay. When you flip the machine "off" you are turning off the M relay but the M2 relay stays on, completing the time delay circuit through H thermal switch and other stuff. When the H switch cools down in 30-60 seconds it opens the time delay circuit and shuts off M2 relay.
            If you have a machine that shuts off but the B.E. motor still runs try filing down the contacts on the motor relay.

Machine cycling at power up is usually in the "time delay memory circuit" on the 1 or 5 board and the Aux. board.

Comment

Anyone remember hacking out the wooden block on the old #1 board I believe to be able to cycle from Inst.?

Jerry

Comment

never heard of just swithcin on a lane and it cycling unless its a new chassis remembering its last cycle....yes it can happen

more than likely scenario, switchin from instructo to normal, omega and creative have this option. if you have Qubica, machine being on 2nd ball will cause a cycle.

king, yes

Comment

f-bowl,

What chassis &amp; board(s)are you running? Does it go thru a normal cycle or does it interlock?

The most common cause I've seen for “cycling when turned on” (besides the instructomat thing) is a bad transistor on the Aux. board. If you're using an MK-70 &amp; you haven't removed the Aux. board it will still cause this problem.

Dutch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X