Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins under paddle

I have two pairs (PBL) that I'm getting pins stuck under the paddle. It seems like if there is a pin in the door with a ball behind it that the paddle runs over top of the pin instead of pushing it out. Has anyone else had this? The only thing I can think of, is to bend the rudder arm down a bit to lower the paddle in the door.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Re: Pins under paddle

If there is sufficient clearance adjust the rudder arm more toward the back of the machine....this will effectively lower the paddle.

Jerry

Comment

You can also shim the rudder mounting brackets to raise/lower the paddle. Shims at the top bracket will lower the paddle. If there are shims on the lower bracket already, remove 1 or 2 & see what you get.

Dutch

Comment

Could it be that the paddle has gotten squishy or torn so that a pin can flex it up and get stuck?

Comment

it could be a vantage paddle they were not the right size or shape a few years back.
          CRUD
          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

As far as the paddle itself, it's fine. Just installed PBL's over the summer. I have the rudder arm adjusted as far back as I can get it without it rubbing the door ring where the rear filler plate would be on a kicker lift. I think I will try dutch's suggestion tomorrow and see what I get.

Comment

I think Dutch has it backwards, shims in the top RAISE the paddle, maybe I read it wrong? Just my pennie's worth.
              TOON
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Shimming the top bracket pushes it away and lowers the rudder. Could be that the bracket mounting holes for the casting are worn and elongated causing to much play in the long screw. This would allow the rudder arm to sag. I have replaced some of these. I have also welded a 1/8" plate to the top of the upper bracket and the bottom of the lower bracket and redrilled the holes to extend the life of them.I use a 1/4" inch longer screw and this tightens them up right back to where they should be.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mreessr ]

Comment

Thanks to Dutch!
                  I shimmed the top bracket and it works great! no more pins under the paddle!

Comment

GEE NOT ENOUGH BEER I READ THE LAST POST WRONG I GUESS. CRUD :p

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: CRUDWEISER=BUD ]

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
                      Thanks to Dutch!
                      I shimmed the top bracket and it works great! no more pins under the paddle!
                      [/QUOTE]

your rudder support brackets must be mounted on the inside of the sideplates because if you shimmed the top that does lower it.
                      do you have LBS if you do you could run into a problem with the LBS hitting the rear roller pulley. :p
                      the PBL with a LBS the rudder supports are mounted on the outside of the sideplates.
                      but you could have just put a bunch of duct tape on the bottom of the paddle.CRUD

Comment

Crud,
                        No, I don't have LBS. It's funny that you mentioned the duct tape. I thought about taping a piece of old carpet on the bottom of the paddle, but decided to check here to see what the correct fix would be. Once again this site has saved me some headaches.

Comment

Glad I could help.

Dutch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X