Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the @#$% ??

OK, I thought that I'd seen everything. I guess not. Here's what happened to me last night…

70's with MK-70's (No automatic scoring)

Single pin respot - Machine had puked (pins everywhere) – 1st ball AND #7 pindication lights on together. (Yes, I still have “Chad's” [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] )

RSC wire off? Nope. Broken wire? Nope. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Reset #7 – Table felt for pins - #7 & X lights come on at the same time & tried to spot full rack… PUKE. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] Reset pin manually & let them shoot at it.

Next frame… Left the 3, 6. Table feels for pins – 3, 6 & X lights come on & it tries to spot a full rack… PUKE. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Pulled power & inspected C-1, C-2-A, PM & TBL plugs. Plugged everything back in & powered up machine. Didn't act up for the rest of the night.

Anybody have a clue? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Dutch

Re: What the @#$% ??

This has happen to us before somtimes the plugs come loose and all we do is push back in plugs and all works well thats what has fixed are problems

just my to cents [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dutch,

I spray the c1 and c2 plugs with contact cleaner ever 6 mos or so. This prevents fires on the c1 from the high voltage being loose. Less bull$**** little electrical probs.

Jerry

Comment

I still run the origanal 5-boards so I'm not sure this will help out at all, but on the heat sink in the chassis there are 3 diodes. One of them might be going bad and cause the problem you discribe.

Comment

if pindication registers the pins standing, AND also an X AND acts on the X. the Either/Or logic (i think its called a NOR circuit??) is not functioning. if your MK-70 has replacable chips (not soldered) try pushing the chips all the way into the sockets. one may have crept out and when you pulled the power, it cooled and contracted back into the socket.

i have a 1984, and MK-10???, board that registers a 3 pin whether its there or not. and still goes thru a strike cycle even though the 3 pin light is on (but not when one is actually standing, it runs perfect aside from pindication) its one of my spares, i can spot it from 30 lanes away if a chaser sticks it in. its my novelty board

Comment

Might be a dumb question, but did you check your SP relay? Sometimes the the contact set will bind on the hanger post and jam the contacts shut, causing the machine to fire the spotting solenoid every time the table runs down. Try changing it out with one from another machine.

Also, check the spotting split-link (looks kind of like a respot carb linkage) that connects the solenoid arm to the spot/respot cam followers - I've seen the linkage bind and cause a problem like that, because it's forcing the follower latch down even when the solenoid isn't engaged, and the machine will try to spot a full rack on 1st ball, and wind up crashing on standing pins.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Coors:

i have a 1984, and MK-10???, board that registers a 3 pin whether its there or not. and still goes thru a strike cycle even though the 3 pin light is on (but not when one is actually standing, it runs perfect aside from pindication) its one of my spares, i can spot it from 30 lanes away if a chaser sticks it in. its my novelty board
              [/QUOTE]

If you have an SS chassis, that problem might not be the MK board... there is a row of diodes on the motherboard between the card circuits and the PM plug... if one of the diodes fails, it will allow power out to the pindicator whether or not a pin is in the gripper. If you want to check it out, I can give you the diode arrangement on the board, and you just have to remove the old diode and install a new one. The diodes are just standard switching units that can be purchased from Radio Shack or a local electronics supply for about 25 cents.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

board

Comment

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Dutch ]

Comment

Well, it made it thru last night without a hitch. Must have been either a bad contact somewhere or a confused board that fixed itself when I cycled the power.

I'm ½ way thru the house with chassis overhauls. I might as well do that one next, for added insurance. These things have more butt splices than our center has pins. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] I'm rebuilding all the plugs, installing guide pins &amp; sockets, spring clips &amp; strain relief clamps. Replacing questionable T &amp; S contacts &amp; removing aux. boards.

Good thing I love my job or I'd be pulling out what's left of my hair. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Dutch

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Dutch:
                      These things have more butt splices than our center has pins. Dutch[/QUOTE]

That was one of the first things I did when I took over... I got rid of EVERY butt connector in the building, and changed all of the splices to soldered joints with heatshrink tube over them... It took a hell of a while to replace them all, but I'll bet it lowered the electrical problems from loose connections to nearly nothing.

Comment

Ok Dutch, Last month was table adjustments. This month is Chassis rebuilds. If you keep going at this rate you'll be reparing the traffic lights out on the roadway near your center by July. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work.

Comment

im sure dutch has a traffic light at the corner of aisle way and down back

Comment

Not yet, but it's on my wish list for the new owners [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] (if the sale goes thru)

Dutch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X