Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or Old sweep Mounts. Your Thoughts

Ok guys. This has been on my mind for a while. I am totally for more work to work out in the end as less work. The pro's and con's with the old sweep mounts compaired to the new 90 style one piece mounts are black and white. My biggest pro is that their lighter and puts less wear on my combo motors. I have Japs so I can feel their pain when i hear them grind to get the sweep up to home. So let me run it down:
    Pros:
    1. Lighter
    2. Less maintanence
    3. Quicker Shockmount change time
    4. Lighter
    5. New
    Cons:
    1: Saftey..BLAH if your not "Authorized Personal" what are you doing in the back anyway
    2. If your sweeps are not adj. right you dont have that le-way with your sweeps rising if they ride the pindeck.
    3. There Heavy!!
    4. OLD!

I think there just old. Other than that if you can shed some scientific facts why they are better then the 90's style I will gladly entertain the thoughts.

Deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: New or Old sweep Mounts. Your Thoughts

The 90's style holds up better to ball impacts against the sweep. This happens due to rock n bowl and more casual bowlers.

Chuck

Comment

Ed Fox is on the right track in the fact that the 90 style brackets absorb more impact that the old style slide concept. If struck hard enough, it will bend, which reduces stress transferred to the arms and rocker shaft.

Now, if only the would design a sweep board similar in construction to the Brunswick fiberglass that flexes, it would be nice.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

AMF does make a urethane one piece sweep. I changed all of mine from the original style to the new style last summer. They look better, are lighter, and stand up to ball impacts.
        Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Urethane? Intresting, im only familliar with the metal ones. Have a pic or part # thanx

Deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

The part # for the urethane sweep is 300-000-182. That is just the sweep, no brackets. You need the brackets too. I ordered part # 610-700-150 when I replaced mine. This is a sweep kit for a pair of lanes. Comes with everything including brackets and hardware and is only $60.00 more than the 300 part #.
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

I like the O9O's, but scientificaly the old style are better because the driven links do not alter there path when riding up on a pin being swept. Or am I just full of it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

JJ,

You are right.....I have had to adj some sweeps to make it to the end of the tail plank with the new brackets.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X