Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murrey Kickers

Ive just recieved my sample of Murrey kickers. Installed 1 on an even lane and the other on an odd lane. What a difference. Those grabbed the ball much quicker then I thought. But my real test is to see how they work when there full of lane oil. Thanks to my boss!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] (lol), he's a good guy anyway.! :p

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Murrey Kickers

Those kickers will stand up to just about any amount of oil. I'm sure they will work great for you.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

How would I got about getting a set of those to try out? I've had pretty good luck with the murrey 'white' kickers... these new ones sound pretty good.

With some of the oil patterns our laneman uses, my kicker lifts can use all the help they can get...
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G,

Those are the white ones.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

oic... I guess you just never tried them before... I thought mebbe they came out with a new one.

Jeez, the Murrey 'whitiees' we have must be at least 5yrs old already, and still going strong.

G
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

are those the ones that are really soft? Like when u squeeze them it kinda feels like squeezing a fake b**b? Ive noticed that if a ball rides that wheel long enough the wheel will be no more! If these are the same that you are talking about then i got them on almost every lane. I know jack bout kickers at this moment but slowly learning. I wonder if i take those and chop one side off, does it make the kicker that much better? How bout those red lightning ones? Another mech told me that those white ones were the best. I guess.

deadwood
            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

G - I started using them less than a year ago.

DW - If it works (especially if it works well) don't fix it!

Comment

DEADWOOD, how have you so lucky to find fake ones that are soft [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] most fake ones are firm or hard [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] and a long time ago the fake ones were hard and lumpy [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] CRUDO
                if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

are those the ones that are really soft? Like when u squeeze them it kinda feels like squeezing a fake b**b? Ive noticed that if a ball rides that wheel long enough the wheel will be no more! If these are the same that you are talking about then i got them on almost every lane.

They are pretty soft...but I never had a problem with them grinding away from a ball riding them too long... they hold up pretty good. Better, in fact, than some we've used...

I know jack bout kickers at this moment but slowly learning.

You'll learn that when they are running good, they're fine &amp; dandy. When the kicker exit starts acting up, trying to pick up 6-lb 'BALLoonS', or when your laneman decides to put about 6 gallons of oil per lane out there, you also learn the meaning of 'rage'...

I wonder if i take those and chop one side off, does it make the kicker that much better?

Not a good idea... it'll work for a while, but when you cut a kicker wheel, you create a weak spot that will usually cause it to take itself apart in a week or so. There are kickers on the market (Vantage 'footballs' or 'cams') that are molded with 1 or 2 flat spots already on them...that's the way you want to go if you feel like trying a non-round kicker.

How bout those red lightning ones? Another mech told me that those white ones were the best. I guess.

I started running some of them right after they hit the market... they work decently under oily conditions, and pull light balls a bit better than most. The only way to find out what's going to work for you is to get set or two, and install them on one of your more problematic pairs. I'm actually running several different styles of kickers from different manufacturers... they work OK, and I leave them be. You put them on, and if they fix the problem and work good, you leave them there. Some machines seem to 'like' certain kickers and work well with them, but won't pick for anything with others... and the kickers that work great on my machines might not work for crap on yours.

Comment

GROUCH: when you've been to some of the clubs ive been to you get to feel multiple variations of real and fake b**bs. Some hard and some soft. But all the same.

"G" : I dunno... What ever works. Dont miss understand me, I am not going and changing out all the kickers hehehehe I really dont even want to touch em personally. But when time comes I will just do it i guess. How do u know a kicker is bad? I saw one tonite that was pretty small. Now im not stupid but I mean are there any signs that a kicker is going?

deadwood

Comment

When the lower half of a kicker is grinding down,it's starting to go bad.You can add more pressure for awhile but eventually it will get to a point where it will no longer pull balls in. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Those white Murrey kickers are the best I've ever seen. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Along the lines of kickers.... I had some thoughts of ordering some of the full contact kicker rollers from vantage. Im wondering if anyone has tried these in either Red or grey. What are the "In the field" differences? How have they held up, and how they work on oily house balls? As i stated before i am currently using the Murrey white kicker rollers but am always up for new products to try out. I need a couple of good kickers for a few pairs that on a friday and saturday night gimmie a few problems.

deadwood

Comment

I tried those full contact kickers from Vantage awhile back. They worked on some lanes and got chewed to bits on others. If you try them, when you install them have a ball with you in the pit. Place the kicker on the shaft on push the ball against it. Move the kicker up or down on the shaft untill it "fits" around the ball. If you don't do this, they won't work and they'll be grinded up on the floor under the machines. I had the best luck with the Murrey ones, but I still have a set of those V ones on one of my remaining kicker pairs. I also had the red and grey ones. The grey ones are actually black, and I didn't see any difference between the red and grey ones. I would say try them and see if they work for you.
                          Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

I too have had luck with the murrey kickers. I am going to wait till we run down on those and order a pair of those vantage ones. Thanx for the tip, ill definantly do it so i dont have problems. thanx

deadwood

Comment

DW,

In my opinion, you'd be wasting your money on any color other than white. If they don't work, you probably have something else wrong. You can try something else but I'll bet you'll be back.

I've used a lot of different ones, red, gray &amp; black… There's a blue one still on one machine &amp; another that's transparent yellow (Kinda looks like piss Jell-O). I have no idea where those 2 came from.

The only ones I've been able to install &amp; walk away from are the white ones from Murrey.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X