Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS start switches

Does anybody have a part# for the SS switch for West. BE motors. I have a rotor shaft that is worn and the cent. mech. keeps moving so I'm gonna install one of these on that motor. I've been meaning to try these anyway, now I guess I have a reason too. Also, who makes these anyway. AMF, Vantage? I think I remember seeing them in the Murry book, but I could be wrong.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Re: SS start switches

The Solid State Start Switch or Quad S as I like to call it is V610 309 042. It is made by Lewus Products, and is the same unit whether you buy it from Vantage or from AMF. Quality has their own SSSS, which utilizes a PC board and has worked just as well in my experience.

I'm not sure what it is about 610 #'s. That division seems to have a little bit of everything in it.

A little about WH/AOS BE motors (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    ~A new stator will work with an old rotor, but an old stator will not work with a new rotor.
    ~A new cent. mech. will work with an old switch, but a new switch will not work with an old cent. mech.
    ~A new stator will work with an old end bell, but a new end bell is difficult to fit on an old stator.

"Old" refers to good ol' Westinghouse motors, while "New" refers to the AOS offerings of today. Nonetheless, a lot of "old" components are still available individually.

Are you as confused as me?
    C

Comment

8270: If i may offer my advise. I have had great luck with the Murrey SS Switches. In the past I have delt with the AMF/Vantage one otherwise known as the Big orange cylinder. (Correct me if Im wrong [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ) I did not like dealing with the adjustment you hade to make on them. With the murrey ones its follow the schematic and off you go! I have delt with others that dont come to mind now but for B-E motors i put my money on the murrey ones.

deadwood
      Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

F-U,
        610's are kits. That's why you find such an array of items with that prefix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quality & Murrey SS motor switches are almost identical. (Personally, I'd rather give my (boss's) money to Murrey - but that's just me) They both use similarly configured PC boards that are easily repaired. Most of the others that I've seen have their components encased in resin, making them impossible to repair.

785-502-19A – combo

785-502-19B - BE

(In a pinch, Combo switches will work on BE's but they'll burn up in a few days)

I put a plug on the switches & mount a receptacle on the motor. I have spare switches hanging on the curtain wall. If a switch goes out, I can have the switch changed in about 15 seconds. Much quicker than if the switch were hard wired to the motor as the instructions suggest.

To aviod the heat & vibration that shortens the life of the switch, I mount the switches to the wireway instead of the motor.
        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Remember,

If you use a SS switch on your combo motors, the SWP wiring (in the wireway) will need to be change slightly so that SWP reverse will function. If you use Omega-Tek expanders, it will need to be changed differently.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

I have been using the ones from quality. They seem to be OK.

About the last five or six that I got the two black wires are almost the same length. I'm talking about a difference of 1/8". There used to be a very noticeable difference the two black wires.

Anybody else notice it or is it just joemomma!!!!!!!!

Knuckles [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We manufacture AMF's new solid state start switches - 610 309 044 for combo, 610 309 046 for backends - we reckon they're pretty good :p (of course) and they last a really long time too!!

Dutch, I think you have the missing link we need - the wiring change needed to get sweep reverse with Omega Tek expander boards. We couldn't figure it out ourselves because nobody in Aussie Land uses the expanders as far as we know. Do you think you could email me at rayj@cybernetic.com.au please?

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

Ray,

Did you get my e-mail?

Comment

Yeah Dutch, I did.
                  Did you get my reply?
                  Or my second reply?

Ray
                  Ray Jordan
                  Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                  Australia

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X