Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stahls 4" pulley

Anyone ever try the Tuffy 4" pulley? Yea or Nay? Im ordering 2 of them monday to test them out along with two B-188 belts. Love to hear some feedback!

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: Stahls 4" pulley

Deadwood,

4 inch pulleys run too slow.

5 inch pulleys are purfect.

With 4 inch pulleys you get too many head 1st pins up the dist.

If you order your pulley's from Grainger they are cheaper. Only $4 apiece.

Rich

Comment

What is too slow? I put a Vantage adj. Pulley on a lane and slowed it down a ton. Of course you need to tweek your pin guide to hold onto the pins a little longer, but the head first pins only occur when the dizzy is at the 6-10 or that split second 9 position. What is the time difference between the 5" and 4"?

deadwood

Comment

I agree with Rich but not for the same reason.

If you need to slow the PW down that much, you need to look somewhere else for whatever problem it is that you're having. The 5" pulley gives ample time for the dist. to recover from most every scenario that a time delay will help with.

In my opinion, 4" pulleys are overkill, although the head 1st thing can be adj. out.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Welp i took a look at the big picture. 6" is stock and found when i put the adj pulley on a lane it was down to 5" I will go with the 5" pulley. Cant wait till i get em to try them out!

deadwood

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X