Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIST EYE BOLT MOD

how many of you 70 guys ever did the eye bolt mod
    from TIM on the distributors [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] did you have good luck with the mod. did you have things start breaking. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] CRUDO
    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Re: DIST EYE BOLT MOD

ive got an additional kicker spring on'm. does cut down on the sway of the dist.

Comment

Anybody try Vantage safety link spring? I had a couple distributor's with the kicker spring on. Put the Vantage spring on and the swing stopped. Almost need a power winch to pull the spring on. Seems tighter than AMF's.

Pete

Comment

I dunno, Ive seen it and it doesnt look kosher. All due respect but what happens when someone like a pinchasser kicks the dizzy to the 10 or 7 side? Without the spring there it cant contract compress and hence something is going to break. How many of you who had the saftey link rod bend because of this eyebolt modification? Just looks like it can create more havic then good.

deadwood
        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

I agree with Deadwood. The safety link is there for a reason and should be left alone. I also have a few lanes with kicker springs, but I would rather have an extra spring, then a broken cam gear.
          Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

I dunno about the kicker spring. Ive seen alot of distrubutors in my time but I have never seen a need for 500 springs on a distributor. The spring used for the Motor to Carpet tensioner pulleys around the back of the dizzy. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I dont get it. We have one with 3 kicker springs on it. Two attached with the saftey link and one inside the saftey link spring. I dont get it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I mean is it necessary? Ive never seen the need. I am half & half on extending the linier spring to the front casting of the distributor but lately ive been watching a lane for about 3 hours a day and have seen the carrige telescope slower with it extended than with it in its OEM position. I just dont see the need.

deadwood
            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X