Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Chassis

I have solid state chassis with the flat green elco plug for the masking unit. My question is this, does anyone have a relatively easy way to either replace some of the pins on the plug that is located on the mother board, or some type of adapter that either bypasses or strengthens the green plug.

Terry

Re: Solid State Chassis

Originally posted by Terry Reichard:
    I have solid state chassis with the flat green elco plug for the masking unit. My question is this, does anyone have a relatively easy way to either replace some of the pins on the plug that is located on the mother board, or some type of adapter that either bypasses or strengthens the green plug.

Terry
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The pins can be replaced... they just solder in like any other component. All you have to do is make sure that when a pin is soldered in, it is as close to 90 degrees horizontally and vertically, or it will just break off again from bending when the plug is inserted.

As for an adapter, I've never seen one. A couple of ours have a pin here and there broken... Most of them I got lazy, cut the wire out of the harness, pinched a bullet terminal on to it, then soldered a wire with the opposite bullet terminal on it to the board at that pin location. Our chassis don't move around much, so it works fine. Now with the autoscoring, I've been phasing out the mask wiring... the only wires I need anymore are for the front machine-stop switch, 1st ball, 2nd ball, strike, and foul lights... the 1-10 pin lights are history. As an added bonus, the chassis runs somewhat cooler since it doesn't have to drive all those bulbs.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Teach your pinchaser how to solder and de-solder. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Creative Tech. in AZ has an adapter to make the Elco plug interface with the new C23 plug. Then you still have the green plug. If you replace your masking you can just adapt instead of replacing chassis or installing the C23 plug in your chassis.

Guru

Comment

Drill a hole in the side of the chassis right above the Elco plug &amp; install an AMP plug. Solder wires to the Elco pins for 1st, 2nd, X, foul &amp; mask switch. Insert them into the AMP plug in the same order as on the Elco.

It's a long process but you'll never regret doing it.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hmmm.. ive wondered why they didnt have snap conectors like the C2 plug on the chassis, I hate getting a call for a flickering deck or mask light.

Dutch: Sounds like a good idea, maybe after my dizzy overhaul ill try that. How long and hard is that process? I havent worked with SS chassis until I moved to my new center so bare with me.

deadwood
            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

It takes a couple of hours to make the change. It would probably take less once you know exactly what you're doing but I haven't gotten that far yet. I've only changed a couple so far.

The chassis at the Hilton were converted when I got there. They have a bracket mounted on the side that holds the AMP receptacle. I've never seen them anywhere else. That's why I said to drill the hole. It's less complicated than making a bracket &amp; I figure that if it's good enough for the MP chassis, it's good enough for my SS's with MK-70's.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X