Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to pinsetter 201

Now class listen up. We're going to solve a problem today (maybe) that the big B and the big A do not cover. This is a 'on the job' problem that you will have to fix yourself.

Machine comes down to feel for pins. Fingers are not opened all the way and the table is at 0 degrees and sweep is at 66 degrees.

You fix that problem and 10 minutes later you go back to the same machine and find the table in the up position and fingers closed with pins. Sweep is at guard position and machine is on 2nd ball. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Now class you have 45 minutes before league starts to fix the problem because it is a full house tonight. Good luck.

knuckles

Re: Welcome to pinsetter 201

You've posted in the AMF forum & described an AMF problem but as you should have learned in pinspotter 101, AMF machines are pinspotters not pinsetters.

As for your question, the problem could be a bad OS switch or (as I found the other night) one of the wires to the OS switch could have come off of the switch & is coming in contact with the table (or the frame) as it goes down. The table drive assy could be bad or loose on the shaft, causing the table to bounce enough to activate the OS switch.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Probably a respot cell finger stuck against the arm of another cell......example .....# 7 cells front finger stuck against # 4 cell arm.

Or a wire way bent down and contacting a stud.

Guru

Comment

Okay class, the professor has been corrected by the Dutchman. It is a pinspotter and not a pinsetter. Congradulations Dutch you uncovered the trick question. I was testing you guys. I knew that. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

professor [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

A broken pillow block strap for the table on the 10 pin side???

Comment

Yo, Teach!
            For first call: Assuming OS has been checked, an unplugged table cable.
            (some obnoxious bubble gum chewing)
            For 2nd call: Table cams just a little too far back, or C2A 110 goin' bad.
            (blow up and pop a big bubble and smirk)

Now you pull down the rolled-up block diagram to check my answer, but there's a drawing stuck to the diagram showing you as a stick figure, scratching your butt.
            Class erupts in laughter.

Comment

Since Dutch wants to be technical in calling the Pinsetter a "Pinspotter" I think Ill throw in some .5 cents in and correct another problem and dammit I want my brownie point for this one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

1.) Machine comes down to feel for pins. Fingers are not opened all the way and the table is at 0 degrees and sweep is at 66 degrees.

Table is never at 0 degrees. The correct Measurement is 355 degrees.

OK now that thats out of the way Your first problem is the "GP" switch. Table at 355 or "home" and the sissors (Thats right I called them sissors because thats what they are) not fully open is a GP problem.

Next and correct me if im wrong but, and this is without scoring because that is taking a major prob out of this problem, Doesnt the 2nd ball light come on after the sweep is at home? Your OOR switch is the culprate in this problem with a bananna hang, but it puzzels me that you are on 2nd ball. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Remedy: Take your cam guage and test that microswitch with the stop bolt and adj. accrodingly.

45 minutes? Hah! thats more than enough to smoke a full pack of ciggerets, pull a ball lift and fix this problem. Oppsies, im tired, going to bed now.

deadwood
              Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Keep trying.

Deadwood gets an extra hall pass for picking up on that 0 degrees.

I was testing you guys again. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Tests are do in tonight.

See you then.

Class demissed.

Professor [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Deadwood:

Whenever you have a banana hang with pins in the scissors, table at 355, rake still at 66, pinsetter on 2nd ball, then it is ALWAYS an out of range.

If cams were out of adjustment, such as TA2, then the table will continuously run up and down.

Scoring has nothing to do with the fact that an OOR will always put the machine onto 2nd ball.

Respectfully,

The Class Clown
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

WHAT kind of class is this,rakes and scissors [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I think the detector rod is bent and the the 180 link fell off and the turret is running backwards and won't index after dropping the #5 and the 3to1 is shot and the pin gate is not stopping the pins. this class needs to start over. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    KEITH, you going to be at rocket tomorrow around 1-2 ish, if your not busy I thought I'D stop by and check out your scanners and 5 to 1s. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] CRUDO
                    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Respot rod out of adjustment? Adjust rod to obtain 1/16” – 1/8” clearance between pawl (finger link) & the high point of the batman cam (shifter cam).

RSC or wireway pivot stud bent, loose, missing or wrong socket lock screw?

Kat & Deadwood, I'm ashamed of you… out of range? I've never heard of an out of range on an AMF machine. Maybe you meant to say “offspot”? (Sorry, while in class we should be using proper terminology :p )

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Time for a hint since the league is about to start. Its one of those jobs that you don't want to do but, it is time to springgggg into action.

Crud, you must be smokin some good chet out there on the west coast. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep it up. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

knuckles

Comment

table drive spring broken

Comment

The off-spot spring is broken? I was going to say that the finger link (pawl) spring was broken or getting hung up, but the sweep would be at 0 for that.

Pete

Comment

CRUD:

This is a class where all of misfits hand out. (C'mon guys, gotta have some of these in every class)

Yes, I will be at Rocket tomorrow. Get in around 8ish and leave around 6ish. Let me know if you intend to drop by.

Dutch: Sorry to disappoint you...kinda hard to get rid of terminology I learned with. Going from A-2s to 82/70s was rough on me. Besides, Brunswick part names sound cooler. :p
                              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X