Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep over runs 0

Sweep returns to 0. Sweep intermittently overruns this stop only.

I have swapped many chassis.
    Old contactors and ss contactors.
    New motor start relay.
    New SA switch and all switches adjusted ok.
    New gearbox and stator.

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Moron

Re: Sweep over runs 0

Check the sweep motor capacitors.

Comment

Well Mr. Moron, Maybe the cam is a little bit loose on the the drive shaft. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

the other moron [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Firs off, can u elaborate for us real quick. Does this happen on a 1st ball gutter or 7-10 pickoff? If so I have the same problem. I have national motors and have found a trick to this little problem. If this is your problem ill list my remedy..

1) Run sweep through a full cycle.
        2) Look at Sweep crank arm. Crank arm should be around 90 degrees.(Streight accross)
        3) Adj SB to get sweep to stop at 65 degrees
        4) Adj SA to stop sweep at 271 degrees
        5) Run sweep through a full cycle.

#3 gives you room incase you have sheitty brakes.
        #4 allows proper tension throughout the sweep assy to bring the sweep back to home without any bounce.

3&4 put together should get that sweep crank arm at 90 degrees for ya.

I have done this to 90% of my sweeps because i got tired of the calls for "Fast gutter coast" Never had a problem since. Hope this helps [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Good luck

deadwood
        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

It will happen mostly after 1st ball. Atleast this is when it is noticeable. The cams have been adjusted 2 or 3 times.

Guru

I will change out the capacitors on Monday.

Comment

well MORON, have you been saying bad things to that machine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] you know they have ears.
            if you find no fault with the capacitors have you checked the sweep motor plug for loose connections, bad wiring and do you pull your motor plugs a bunch when ever your working on the machines [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] maybe there not keeping a good solid connection worn out [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] you can take the terminals out of the plug and crimp them a bit to get a tight fit again LOL I like a tight fit. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] good luck MORON you said it I didn't.
            CUJO :p
            if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Crudwiper,

If I remember correctly you are a miniscule dog with a small tool......LMAO.....how would you know what a tight fit was.......hahahahahahahaha.

Moron

Comment

All the above and maybe a bad C1 connection or ofcourse maybe a bad swsr switch(start winding is allso used for braking).
                So it goes.

Comment

one more thought MORON, have you been getting balls stuck in your stuck piks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] maybe the machine is smarter then you think [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                  it's trying to stop so many balls from getting stuck in your stink piks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] and yes I have a small one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] but I know how to use it.
                  how did you know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] ESP. CUJO LMFAO!!!

Comment

Just had another thought. If you have SS Chassis maybe you have a bad SWSR in your B-E Control box. I have never seen it but it was mentioned by a callouge of mine.

(Sorry about the spelling, just came home from worknite totalling about 35 calls. 2 ball lifts and a distributor later im pooped)

deadwood
                    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Nevermind
                      So it goes.

Comment

Just remember......It's not the size of the tool, it's how many connections and if it's powered!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                        http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

You mentioned that SA,SB, and SC were "adjusted" correctly, but were they changed? A noisy switch or intermittent no-contact will cause strange things to happen...

Easy tip/tool to find noisy switches and connections (I'll try to get a pic of it posted): Go to the local electronics store, and pick up a cheap battery-operated mono amplified speaker with a mic/input jack (Like the ones used for microcassette recorders or hard-of-hearing devices...about $7 or so). Get a cable with the correct plug for the amp (about $2), and two small insulated alligator clips (about $1). Strip the ends of the cable, and solder the clips to it.

Unplug/disconnect the machine from power & drop the switch pack you want to test. Unplug the wires from the back of the switch you want to test (remember where they go!!), and attach the alligator clips between COM and NO first... operate the switch and listen to the speaker. You should get a nice clear 'click' every time you work the switch... if you get any amount of scratch/hiss, recheck your connections to make sure they're tight and clean, and try it again. If you still get noise, the contacts in the switch may be dirty and causing intermittent problems. If not, move the clip from NO to NC. You will get some noise when hooking it up, but after that, you should only get a nice clear 'click' when the switch is operated...same thing, any noise in the contact, and the switch might be on it's way out.

This setup can be used to test any kind of switch or connection... all you have to remember is that the connections have to be clean and solid, and the switch you're testing MUST be isolated from the machine wiring, and cannot have any type of power on it. Once you get used to using it, you will be able to almost 'see' the condition of the contacts in a switch, just by the sound they make through the amp.
                          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

WELL MORON,
                            did you find out what was causing your sweep to over run zero [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] ENQUIRING MINDS want to know LOL or are you going to replace the machine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] and what about your chattering chassis did you fix it or put it in the trash [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] your pal CUJO. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X