Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy problem

Got a distributor problem for yall. I already took care of it but it baffeled me for 2 days before i figured it out...so can you?

Re-built a distributor, brand new ecentrics, belt, trip rod, etc... basically the works. Put it on, run it for 300 frames without flaw and leave for the night. Come in the next day and get a note saying Lane whatever is messing up. (Shows you the quality of some of the notes i get) Go take a look and it seems to be running fine to me. 10 minutes later got a call. Go out to the machine and got a pile-up at the 4-7. Clear it and index the dizzy to the 8. Wont move. Checked clutch tension, ok. Checked if the stop blade was greased, ok. Try and manualy turn the clutch wont move. Have to manualy turn the indexing cam and the clutch backwards to get it back to the headpin to get it to telescope again. Re-run it. 1-3 ok, 3-2 ok, 2-4 ok but when the dizzy retracts it only does it for a sec then extends and starts to shoot pins onto the catwalk. Any Ideas? Oh by the way the Indexing cam and the track is a-ok. Roller bearings ok.

Figure this one out...Took me 2 packs of smokes and about 45oz of soda, and 800mg of IB Profin.

A clue u ask? hmmm lets see... I needed a 3/4 wrench, spring puller and a lighter. Hope i didnt give it away with the first clue. But i did take off the cam so hehehe...

Good luck [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: Dizzy problem

Your inside index cam follower was catching a spoke. You took off the index cam and shimmed it out.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Nope...good guess though.

deadwood

Comment

If you didn't take the cam off, then why did you need a 3/4" wrench?
        Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Well, let's see, if it's not the indexing cam, then it's gotta be the little plastic link that connects the carriage to the linear cam follower arm. (I call that little piece "eyeglasses".)

That's the only other thing I can think of that needs a 3/4" wrench.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Close Kat...I did take the cam off but the camfollower was not ketching anything. It a freak thing but keep guessing.

deadwood

Comment

Lets see, how about the indexing arm linkage catching the inside part of the cam when the dizzy is indexing the 4 to 7 or 7 to 8 pins etc.

knuckles [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If it was a 'freak' thing, a chunk of the inner cam track broken off would cause that...the cam follower would drop into it and let the positioning arm loose, letting the springs throw it out to 'full stretch'.

Want to see something freaky? Set the camwheel 180 degrees off of the headpin sync marker & run it... Do it before a league and watch your pinnie spazz trying to fix it... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If you ran the dist backwards to the head pin, you had to have broken your worm in doing that.
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

well let me see you put the distributor belt on backwards :p no well how about the trip rocker arm roller hitting the side of the pan binding up or the roller was falling of towards the back of the trip rod.or the trip stop rod was rubbing something and you used the 3/4 wrench to bend it over. was that a open end or a openended wrench you were using.CUJO
                    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Welp... Drove me nuts and here is what i found. Yes, I did take the Clutch off. I did take the Indexing Cam off. When the distributor would retract to the 4 it would telescope again. Found that the inner cam follower would retract into the lower dwell and for a split second would hit the track. after taking the cam off checked all roller bearings and just by slip of hand I pulled on the inner follower. It was loose. Tighened up the 3/4 lock nut on the post and took away the slop. Ran it and it was fine. Funny how a little thing like that would create such a headache. Hope to save you a bit of trouble with this problem I experienced.

deadwood

Comment

deadwood, that goes to show you always make sure your nuts are tight :p and yeah I'M talking about the machine nuts [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] CUJO
                        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

My guess is somebody put it together wrong. :p

Comment

Crud: Yup... Kinda hard to move around with the size of my shop but i manage. Ill remember to tighten my nuts extra tight too.

JJ: Nope, I assembeled it correctly, only done 50 of em.

deadwood

Comment

Yeah you did say that your rebuilt this distributer? Hmmmmm I guess we all make mistakes. I hope the headache is better.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X