Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INCONSISTANT SPOTTING

I HAVE ATABLE THAT SPOTS PINS INCONSISTANTLY. ONE RACK AND THEY ARE ON SPOT, NEXT SOME ARE OFF. THE PINS OFF SPOT ARE PRIMARALY 6-9-10. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO CHECK OUT. REPLACED GEARBOX, TABLE DRIVE ASSY. YOKE IS GOOD, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE TIGHT. PILLOW BLOCKS LOOK OK. ANY IDEAS.

THANKS,

BOB

Re: INCONSISTANT SPOTTING

Give us some more detail...does it spot too far back, forward, etc.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

May be a worn bushing 900 205 053 on your lightning rod. Is the back shaft 2618 bent? All hardware in good condition? Good luck,
      C-Didddy

Comment

I dont see how a gearbox would spot pins farther back one time and closer the other.. I agree with Magic T on this one here, the Cup Tie link might be worn. Drop your deck down and push on every row. They should be tight no slop. Another think is that Key way where the roller bearing rolls in is warn allowing the cups to swing forward a little to far at the low point of the wear.

deadwood
        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Those bushings in the tie link wear out causing that row or rows of cups to have too much play in them when they are going into spot position.

Another posibility is the cam follower for the spotting rod. If that camfollower is partially seizing up as the spotting cam is going around it could cause funny things to happen.

Let us know what you find. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

knuckles

Comment

We had one M/C ( 90XL )doing similar for a week or so , Nothing seemed amiss

But it owned up to it's fault fairly quickly by cracking it's yoke 30 mins before closing time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

I'd be getting the hammer out & tapping all around the yoke frame to see if it's about to crack up .

Hope you have a Spare Yoke assy , We didn't

Comment

You could have a loose table stabilizer rod (used to adjust front to back tilt).

Comment

I like JJ's suggestion but if that checks out OK, make sure the table isn't tilted & the cups have their gapping screws in them (and adj properly). Spot a few racks & pull every pin that spots inconsistently. If the pins are beat up, you might have some that won't spot the same every time.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Id like to elaborate on JJ's suggestion. We went through and checked out all our end fittings for our stabalizer rods. Some of them were frozen on their posts and others you could slide the eyeball bearing out of the fitting. At this point you can take the table and rock it like a babies cradle. If the bowling gods see fit they will make gravity a major wildcard. Check it out....

deadwood
                  Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

In addition to the above, you might want to check side to side level of the table in relation to the pindeck. Place Pac-Man washers between the table legs and the table casting as required to achieve level.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X