Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more chassis probs...

First of all, I don't know squat about electrics.....but here is the situation....

Had a lane die last nite. The circuit breaker was tripped and when I turned it back on the contactors went crazy...clattering and arcing. Swapped chassis with next machine over and everything was fine. Rebuilt the contactors with the few spare parts I had. Still no good. Machine tries to set full rack on a full rack and continues to cycle. Tried my spare chassis, but that apparently has a problem too. Swapped boards from a working chassis. Now nothing happens. Hit sweep or cycle switches and no response at all. Can hear the click, but no activity. Machine comes on, ball stepper lights work.
    This is a 1-board conversion chassis. Spent 4 hours working on it and now I'm really confused [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Anyone got a thought for this novice? Thanks.

Re: more chassis probs...

Update......everything is working except the spare chassis. Tripped a breaker at some point. Spare chassis keeps setting pins on full rack and recycles. What causes that?

Comment

Originally posted by jc:
      Update......everything is working except the spare chassis. Tripped a breaker at some point. Spare chassis keeps setting pins on full rack and recycles. What causes that?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it's trying to spot on 1st ball with standing pins, as a starting point, I'd say check your SP relay...contacts may have become welded from arcing, or the armature spring may have broken. Try swapping the SP from your spare chassis with another one. To test a problem chassis without causing damage to a working machine: Turn off Pit, Sweep &amp; Table switches, power up machine, turn on pit &amp; check operation, turn on S &amp; T switches (be ready to shut them back off quickly if the machine acts up). If everything starts up OK, then spot only ONE pin on the deck, set to 1st ball, and cycle. Keep your fingers on the s &amp; T switches...if the machine goes to crash on the pin or spot on top of it, shut the switches off, knock the pin out of the way with a pinhook, and then let it finish the cycle normally.

This procedure can save you a lot of work and bent parts when testing things.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

JC,

As the G-man has stated, the SP is a good place to start. We could use a little more info tho.

What 1 board conversion are you using, Omega-Tek MK-70?
        Does it try to spot pins as soon as power is applied or does it do it when the table is supposed to be feeling for pins on 1st ball cycle?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X