Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback Problems

I have 18 lanes of humpback's and 12 lanes of Pbl's, this week I have had 2 lower yoke's on
    humpbacks break, the first on Mon. both sides
    snapped off, the second one today the odd lane
    side broke off, this is the fifth one that has broken the other three were identical to the second, in all cases the bracket you install
    to lower the shock came loose. Has anyone experienced this problem all lifts seem to be installed properly 1/8 inch clearance from belt to ball, all are centered, I have never experienced this problem with pbl's or kickers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Humpback Problems

Just to let you know the two 3/8" lock nuts are what is coming loose on the shock bracket.

Comment

Throw all those junk nylon lock nuts away and use grade 8 Stover lock nuts and nothing will come loose.

Jerry

Comment

In 17 years, I've seen 1 lower link break on a PBL but I've never seen a yoke (upper or lower) break unless it was when you were trying to pound out a frozen shaft without supporting the yoke properly.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sure your chasser didnt forget to put the snap rings on??? Thats they only reason your shock should come off that pivot shaft.

deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Why would the pinchaser be rebuilding a ball lift? Always thought the mechanic did that. And if you taught him to do it, who is to blame?

Comment

I dunno, Ive seen some chasers do some really stupid stuff. They just try stuff sometimes and its like why!?! But still, thats why a shock would come off that shaft.

deadwood
              Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X