Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback Problems

I have 18 lanes of humpback's and 12 lanes of Pbl's, this week I have had 2 lower yoke's on
    humpbacks break, the first on Mon. both sides
    snapped off, the second one today the odd lane
    side broke off, this is the fifth one that has broken the other three were identical to the second, in all cases the bracket you install
    to lower the shock came loose. Has anyone experienced this problem all lifts seem to be installed properly 1/8 inch clearance from belt to ball, all are centered, I have never experienced this problem with pbl's or kickers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Humpback Problems

Just to let you know the two 3/8" lock nuts are what is coming loose on the shock bracket.

Comment

Throw all those junk nylon lock nuts away and use grade 8 Stover lock nuts and nothing will come loose.

Jerry

Comment

In 17 years, I've seen 1 lower link break on a PBL but I've never seen a yoke (upper or lower) break unless it was when you were trying to pound out a frozen shaft without supporting the yoke properly.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sure your chasser didnt forget to put the snap rings on??? Thats they only reason your shock should come off that pivot shaft.

deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Why would the pinchaser be rebuilding a ball lift? Always thought the mechanic did that. And if you taught him to do it, who is to blame?

Comment

I dunno, Ive seen some chasers do some really stupid stuff. They just try stuff sometimes and its like why!?! But still, thats why a shock would come off that shaft.

deadwood
              Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X