Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP HELP HELP---NO SWEEP RUN!!

earlier tonight - had a lane that I had to set up many respots. Ball even hit the sweep during league. Told mech. to change chassis as I thought that would do the trick. Upon doing that - we lost any sweep run. Upon trying to run the sweep with the cam or by cycling the machine - it makes the sweep motor hum and eventually kicks out the circuit breaker on the motor. When I took the table motor cable and plugged it into the sweep motor - the motor works!! So I know the motor is good.

Changed the capacitors and chassis and sweep rev. switch and looked over the motor cable and the c1 plug. My mechanic even changed the sweep run switch and it did run for a time - but upon putting the capacitors back in the wireway - it eventually quit!!

HELP HELP HELP!!
    Greatly Appreciated.

Re: HELP HELP HELP---NO SWEEP RUN!!

Steve: First things first here...Motor hummm is usually 1 of 2 things. Either you have a flat spot in your motor head or your Pins for the Start Windings in your C1 plug for your SWP motor are burned or bad. If you took the power for the table mtr and used it for the swp mtr and it worked well you cornered your 2nd problem. Check for a broken wire or an extremely burned plug (Plug as in the big male pins) on your Swp mtr plug. I think that is where you should start. Im sure others will lead you further if I didnt nail it on the head here...
    Good Luck

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Check the jumper wire in the neutral curcuit in the wire way under the chassis.

The jumper goes from a1a to 17 maybe.

Still sounds like a sweep reverse switch.

Make sure someone didnt throw a bad one bach in with the good ones.

Also look at the chassis pins real close.

Jerry

Comment

Since you stated this happens after you changed the chassis, we know it's in there (more than likely). Check C1 pins and your motor contactor. When checking pins, look at both the plug and cable ends.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Check your offspot switch, if it becomes broken, or shorts out the sweep will not run from guard position. Found this out later this year, cuased a lot of problems and part replacments. Do yourself a favor check them often, even one that looks good, can be bad inside. Otherwise check the power pins C1 Plug.

Comment

gentlemen-

found it!! Seems to be a bad wire in the plug of the sweep motor. Replace the cable and it's working fine for now. Thanks for all of your help!

Steve [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X