Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum masking units

Anyone have this model with the large S panels?
    If so have you encountered any problems?

Re: Spectrum masking units

I have spectrum Masks, but I'm not sure what you mean by S panels. Can you elaborate for me?
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

The "S" panels I make reference to are the large panels that sit above the masking units and go to the ceiling.

Comment

I think that's referred to as "Sierra" something.

I've heard stories about them not being secured very well and falling down on the lanes.
        Surprise!

Comment

I think ours have been in service for over 10 years, here's what I've been finding.
          First, they do fall, usually during the middle of a shift, this has happened twice, to my knowledge.
          Second, since these are supported by the framework of the machine, I've noticed the following, lifting the back end of the bin/shuttle assembly. This then causes double pin shuttle. So far the ones we've gone through haven't had any adverse effect on the spotting.
          Third, most of our problems occur on lanes that receive more lineage, some the troubles are broken bolts between the front frame and the pit sidewall frame, misalignment.....
          Today we found one of the channels that sit on top of the pindeck sidewall missing all but one screw, this is the channel that the frames are attached to and leveled. Back part of the bin/shuttle just seemed to be floating and bouncing while the machine went through it's cycles. I guess over the years something has to give,and that is a lot of stress for framework to support. This is just my opinion, I'd like to read others.

Comment

What do they look like? Anyone have a pic? I'm sure nobody in Pittsburgh has them. Just curious.

Comment

Are you sure you have spectrum masks? I don't have anything above the graphic panels on mine. Mine have been in since 1987 and I haven't had any of the problems your describing with the machine frames.
              Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Before I got my Concept 90s way back, we had the Spectrums. There are two types, differing only in color schemes. The first was Spectrum Sierras, which had the blue/green colors, and the Spectrum Tempo which had the red/orange/brown scheme.

Yes, we did have problems with the Upper "S" panels falling down on the lane. They were help up with multi-strand aircraft cable which were fastened to brackets connected to pinsetter frame. The lower part with the pindication hung on hinges similar to those ugly Magic Triangle masks (Mod IV). And, there were problems with relays going bad on those oversize PC boards for pindication. I've got some old brochures showing Capital Equipment from this era...I'll post it as soon as I can figure out how to do it. (Can anyone post help on this??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] )

I never did understand why AMF over-complicates things and puts PC boards everywhere. What's wrong with plain old bulbs and wires?
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

i liked the spectrums, and i still have working mod IV pindicators. I prefer the Mod V pindication because the little "twinkle lights" lasted a million times longer than these turn signal bulbs.

I heard some good horror story installations with spectrums. . things like goin along fine and then the ceilin pieces are 2 feet short. wrong colors. try to wedge a piece in just right and that plus the adjacent 10 Lanes worth of panels fall out. ive never worked with spectrums, just seen them in passing.

Comment

I think these are the Spectrum Sierra with the S panels. Only seen one center with these for a couple of years before they were replaced.

Comment

very nice pic. . .thx

Comment

Wow. Isn't that pretty!

Combined with Spectrum lifts and seats, and Accu 1 or +, that must have made a beautiful center.

Wonder how many of these are still hanging...

Comment

No problem, here is a pick of the other model of Spectrum Units they had called "Spectrum Tempo"

Comment

Ahh...We had the Spectrum Tempo units here in the Red-Yellow scheme. Pretty solid masks, and look fairly good.

We got rid of them for a custom made WOOD design, that AMF paid to have a GID mural painted on, which looks even better.

If my former boss allows me, I'll try and take some pics to show you the new, custom designed masks that we made.
                            http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Originally posted by jon m:
                              I think these are the Spectrum Sierra with the S panels. Only seen one center with these for a couple of years before they were replaced.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] GAAAAAHHHHHH! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] I remember those -- haven't seen them for the better part of twenty years. There was/is a house out in Twentynine Palms that installed them about 1984 (I was stationed at the Marine Corps base at the time). I wonder if they still have them installed...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X