Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Hyprid Motor Heads for National GBX's

Not to harp on vantage because I have never had a problem with any of there products till now. We have a Vantage replacement head for national gearbox's and when i put the key on the rotor shaft and tried to insert it into the GBX it would not fit. Got a new key and still didnt fit. I am wondering if this was a flaw in their design and it was fixed? Well how bout it Chaddo? Can ya talk to the vantage guys? Much Obliged.

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: Vantage Hyprid Motor Heads for National GBX's

DW-

Need more info on how it doesn't fit. Shaft diameter too big? Keyway too shallow? Shaft not long enough? Something else?

Chad

Comment

are Vantages National combo's like the Matsu****a's?? or like the Franklin Electrics?? what is used to hold the swwep/tables @ 0? dragging brake, carbon brushes, bearing load, or other. also how much?

thx

Comment

Vantage only offers National replacements for BE applications. Not for combos, although possibilities for that are being researched.

Comment

Chaddo... Sorry for the vaigueness of that post. The diameter of the rotor shaft is too big when the key is inserted into the shaft. I guess it would be a combination of the both. Keyway and shaft.

deadwood

Comment

OK. Are you using the original key or the key that was supplied with the motor?

Either way, I'd suggest filing down the key until it fits.

If this is unacceptable, call 800-255-7401 and arrange an RGA so that I can have a look at it.

What is the manufacture date on the motor? ex:2F01
            Does the inspection tag have my name on it?

With the OEM Matsushida motors and gearboxes we have for testing here, everything works very well.

Chad

Comment

Chaddo... Have to get back to ya tomarrow. Its been an extremely bad week. 2 electrical problems, 3 mechanical problems, LIU took a sheit, etc... So.. but ill get ya those numbers mannana...

deadwood

Comment

Deadwood, does the motor seat without the key?

If so, shorten the lenght of the key and try it.
                Be sure the key seats flush on the shaft.

I haven't seen the motor replacement but let us know how you like it.

Mike
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Mike. The motor wont fit with or without the key. We have one on there and it seems to get the job done with no problems so....

deadwood

Comment

DEADWOOD,
                    you have a motor from vantage and it won't go on [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] GEE I always thought vantage had great quality control. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] CUJO
                    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

D-Wood -
                      Please call me at 800-255-7401 ext 229, 8-5 RMT. I'd really like to find out what's wrong with this thing.

Cruddy -
                      You're always so pessimistic. Perhaps a few more Cruds would change your perspective...

Chaddy

Comment

If anything, it sounds like a shaft that was machined out-of-tolerance slipped through Q.C.

Hey, it happens sometimes... Vantage has always stood behind their products in our dealings with them... I don't think you'll have too much of a problem straightening it out with them...
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

CHADDY,
                          your right I am pessimistic :p somtimes all the
                          crudweiser I can drink just don't help certain
                          things [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] you know what I mean!!
                          CUJO [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Deadwood, you should try the AMF motor/adapter next time. IMO its better quality. Unless Vantage has changed something in the product.
                            Stick around the center you work at for a couple of years and you'll find out what I mean.

Comment

Personally I would rather not put anything AMF on my AMF machines due to their poor Q.C. at this time, but I heard that they got a new guy at AMF for there parts dept. so maybe things will change. But in the mean time JJ i dont know what you are talking about sorry....

deadwood

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X