Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Run

Here's a nice one.

When i turn the master CB switch on the backend panel off, the pit is still running.

I tried different chassis, CBs and even rewired the BE gearbox supply.

The pindeck light goes off and no cycle buttons work but the only way to cut the power to the pit is by tripping the mains input to the russell stoll.???

Re: Pit Run

Someone wired it direct; what type of machine?
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

82-70. Dont ask me how it is wired. I will have a look and let you know on monday

Comment

check the b.e. motor relay in the chassis. You try another chassis in the machine ?

Comment

sorry should have paid attention to the question. I see you have tried another chassis.

Comment

I think it might have something to do with the wiring in the Russel-Stoll plug. I remember the mechanic in my neighboring center telling me about it one time. I'm sure Jerry or Coors or one of the other experienced tech's will know.
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

C1-41,42,47 are hot from RS plug.
              C1-45,46 are the switched hot for BE motor.

Maybe there is a short between 46 and 47 at the plug. Or 47 was swopped with 45 or 46 during a rewire progect.

This is for 5board elco chassis.

Comment

With JJ's data, check your C1 plug for cracks where voltage can leak through. If your machine was working correctly, your problem is most likely a broken C1 plug.
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I agree with the above. The problem has to be in the c-1 on the machine side of course since you have already changed the chassis. One of your pins is arcing somehow. An oxydized plug block could cause this. Change the machine side plug block checking and replacing any burnt pins. That definitly should work.

Comment

I had this problem on 30's. The CB was not in the circuit. Had to rewire the CB. Look at the systemic to see if it is or not.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Problem solved. It turned out to be the c1 plug. I replaced it and repinned evey wire to be on the safe side. All ok. Whooppeeee

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X