Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF plastic bounce boards

Did anyone put those junk assemblies in their machines like I did in 1994-1995.

We all should have levied a claim against them in bankruptcy court for damages.

Jerry

Re: AMF plastic bounce boards

I stayed away from the plastic ones. I never thought they would last long.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

are you talkin about the white bounce plates?? which broke out around the T-Bar bolt holes?? if so i agree

Comment

Yet, another piece of doo-doo from them.

If they didn't crack they bowed something terrible.

I'll stick with Vantage bounce plates.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

These were one piece replacement for the whole assembly.

They bowed in the middle and let balls through.

Jerry

Comment

Yea, I have one or two of them around... I keep them for a 7th-round-draft-pick emergency spares... in case 6 other planks decide to head south at the same time.

But even the thought of leaving them in a machine to be beaten on for any length of time is enough to make me want to barf...

Mebbe I should install them... then in 10 minutes when they crack in half, I'll have an excuse to throw 'em out...

G
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Heh i agree with the above but I was not to happy with the ZOT black ones as well. All the zot bounce boards ive seen have blown out in the middle. Oh well, guess they dont make them like they used to eh?

deadwood
              Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

I've been using the pheonalic ones from AMF with good luck. Never tried the Vantage ones, a center close by didn't have good luck with them.
                Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

What an abortion those plastic ones were.Ughhhh...I installed one and less than 7 days later it snapped right across the holes.Needless to say a 2nd one never got installed.From what i see,vantage makes a good and sturdy one.

Comment

The one-piece (of cr_ _) unit is now hanging on my "Wall of Shame" as a reminder.
                    Vantage's Terminator bounce boards are good, but I've noticed edge wear after about 6 or 7 years. AMF's brown ones are phenolic and indestructable, but you can get the exact same ones from Stahl's for a little less $$. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X