Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep adjustments

Hey guys,

I have two sweeps that I cannot get the sweep height adjusted correctly. When the sweep is at zero it should rest an inch or less away from the frame. When when these two sweeps are adjusted correctly, so that they will knock all the pins off the back row, the sweep is hanging down about three or four inches. Any ideas on this one. The rod lengths seem to be colse to tolerance. I know that when you adjust one the other two are affected.

I know it is a small problem but these two are driving me nuts! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Let me know. I hope everyone's summer is going well.

Pat

Re: Sweep adjustments

When you adjust the sweep to run back far enough, this usually causes you to have to adjust the two longer rods (one on each side) to raise the sweep at zero. Each side of the sweep is adjusted independantly, so you will have to adjust both of them. Turn the rods untill the sweep is up where you want it. However, if the sweep is not hanging below the masking unit, I wouldn't worry too much about it, because it's not going to cause a problem.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Worst case scenerio you could always add 'pac-man' washers under the bumpers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

After you set the run length, did you readjust the two 'crackpipes' on the left and right frames where the pump arms attach? You can also move the cams to adjust your stop, start, and zero positions.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I've ironed out this problem a couple years ago. Here's the formula for increasing or decreasing the total sweep stroke so you can get the pins off the lane (farther back) AND get it up at zero.

To increase stroke:
          Lengthen the short drive rod (1/2" motor connecting rod) and shorten the two long tie rods.

To decrease stroke:
          Shorten the short rod, lengthen the long rods.

Do this after setting the height you want. I prefer 1/4" from the cross beam's rear bolt. For whatever amount you turn the short rod, turn the long ones the same amount, until you get the feel of this procedure.

NOTE: If you have a sweep that goes too far into the pit AND too high up, and you cannot shorten the 1/2" rod any more, replace the crank arm...you probably have a very early version, with the rod end bolt hole in the center of the machined end surface. The distance between the center of the two holes in the crank arm has been reduced on "B" and later machines. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys. BowlEquip
            your tip worked. What a process, this took some time but I feel it has been worth the effort! Thanks BowlEquip and all.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] See ya in the back end.

Pat
            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X