Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM

Does any one know what the RPM of the kicker assembly is?

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Re: RPM

Not really sure... if I had to guess, I'd say ours are in the range of 180-240 RPM at the kicker wheel. (guessing about 3-4 revs/sec)
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Put a one sided football kicker roller on a machine.......turn it on.......put a rag on it because you have to clean kickers if you have them....HA HA......count how many times the flat side goes around in 10 seconds.....multiply by 6.

Jerry

Comment

yes

Comment

Thanks guys...the reason I'm asking is that I'm working with a chemist and an engineer to develop a new kicker using today's technology. It was one of the questions that the engineer asked. I can't really check mine with a rag as per Queens instructions due to I have my kickers running on a 5” congress drive pulley.

JJ.....”yes” what? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed, I'll go one step further and teach you how to figure it out yourself. :p

The basic formula is (D)rpm=(AxC)/(BxD) x (A)rpm

A is the BE motor drive pulley in inches
            B is the big carpet pulley in inches
            C is the small carpet pulley in inches
            D is the kicker wheel pulley
            (A)rpm is 290. Found that in the AMF manual

so if A=3 B=6 C=2 D=2
            (3x2)/(6x2) x 290
            (D)RPM= 145

Comment

Thanks J! U da man! AMF manual? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] They make one of those? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

JJ.....you are much too intelligent to be just a tech.

Ed....IMO..........I would redesign the starter pad and front fill assy. to make the ball get into the lift easier.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  JJ.....you are much too intelligent to be just a tech.

Ed....IMO..........I would redesign the starter pad and front fill assy. to make the ball get into the lift easier.

Jerry
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I cant give all of my secrets away! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

ED:
                    you have 5" kicker pulleys on [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                    they must be a flying. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Originally posted by CUJO:
                      ED:
                      you have 5" kicker pulleys on [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                      they must be a flying. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yupper......they fly.....but nil to no ball return problems! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

umm... ok. But I guess your center runs pretty dam good there JJ to think up that formula. But i yet to see why u need the speed of a kicker roller to design a new one? What you need to do is invent a super soft but non degradeable kicker roller.

deadwood
                        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X