Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep linkage hitting frame

I have one machine (LN 4 - AMF 82-70XL w/ a 90XL chassis) with a sweep that likes to kiss the frame right near the the mount on the kickback. It's on the 10 side and I've done all I know to do to try and get the troublesome bolt off the frame. I'm fairly new at AMF equipment as I've only been with these machines for only about a year. (So obviously I don't know much) I've went through the manual and couldn't find anything regarding this particular problem. And even if I had found something, I wouldn't put much faith in it since the last time I used the book, the book was dead wrong. Anyways, got any ideas before I start ripping out the entire sweep assembly and just "winging it"? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

BTW... it's been doing this for quite some time now (abt 2 years I believe) and has worn a nice little gash in the frame where it hits.
    Duct tape and cable ties = a solution to all your woes!

Re: Sweep linkage hitting frame

Take the bolt out of the telescopic link.......reinstall with a washer on the bolt on the side next to the pindeck.....make sure the end of the bolt makes it through the stover nut.

This should solve your problem.

Jerry

PS....make sure they have the correct bolt in the assy.

Comment

Thanks... I'll do that when I get to work tonight. Like I said, I'm new to AMF equipment and the tech at our "sister-center" hasn't taught me much of anything really. I'm more accustomed to A2's than 8270XL's. But I will admit, these AMF machines are a lot easier to work with.

Comment

Try loosening the U bolts that mount the sweep drive link to the frame. With a stick or pry bar, move the drive link away from the frame and tighten the nuts while holding it with the stick. You don't want to move it very far or you will have interference problems with the sweep rocker arm linkage.

Roger

Comment

Thanks for the input. I did turn the bolt around, but as I was doing so I noticed that the thing has finally eat all of the inner side of the frame away and no longer catches anyways. Oh well, chalk one up to a case of too little, too late.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X