Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigging to get by

just curios what is the best or funniest rigg anyone has ever used to hold up a machine till a league for tourney got done. I think the best I have done is use a zip tie on the bottom of a broken cup or on a pinwheel belt that split. they both got me by till later when i had time to fix em

Wang j

Re: rigging to get by

Wang,

What you call rigging Ed Fox calls a permanent fix.

Jerry

Comment

I've used Duct Tape on a spotting cup before but never a zip tie. I'll have to remember that one. I had a plow bust off one time, and I used vise grips to hold it on the rest of the night. I'm sure I'll think of more when I read other people's posts.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Haven't had to do anything on these 70s. But when I worked A2s, I had to use duct tape to hold a power lift belt together (had some funky off-brand cheap junk that was hard to replace anything on). Even done the same on a cross conveyor drive cause I didn't have a belt to replace it with.
        Duct tape and cable ties = a solution to all your woes!

Comment

HEY WANG

IF I REMEMBER CORECTLY, THE OLD MECHANIC, JAKE SCHWABEL, HE HAD SOME GOOD FIX ITS WHEN HE WAS AT SOUTHWYCK.
          DUCT TAPE
          ZIP TIES
          TWISTIES, ETC. ETC. ETC.

HEY, WHEN I WORKED ON AMFs, ALL THAT STUFF WORKED FOR ME TOO.

JEFF KUHNLE
          TWIN OAKS LANES
          TOLEDO OHIO
          WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Jeff,

Since youy went to Brunswick machines wire ties, duct tape, and bailing wire is OEM equipment. LMAO

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
              Wang,

What you call rigging Ed Fox calls a permanent fix.

Jerry
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See if I ever help you with one of your "SURE STUCK" problems ever again! :p

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed,

Simmer down now....I will have Ma cut you off.......lol

Jerry

Comment

How many guys have used boot laces to repair carpets? Had a carpet tear about a 1/4 of the way through, full house, 1st game of league. Thought great. Got the cordless drill and drilled a series of holes alongside the tear, then got a shoe lace from a pair of rentals, threaded it through, tied it up, and BINGO...good as new. 18 months later, they are still using the same carpet!!

You guys probably already do that, but I had never seen or heard of it before. I was pretty happy that night, so was the manager!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

When a tube weldment breaks, take your belt off or find someone who has a belt, and strap that cushion together to get you through the night.

Comment

Curtain rod hanger broke-used a bungee cord wrapped around the bin to hold curtain up.

One time I put a new carpet in right before a league. Turned out to be a bad one. It was too small or something on one side and kept popping the roller out of the saddle. I took the roller out of the saddle, popped the spring off (ball door side) bolted a piece of chain to the front roller saddle and hooked the pit spring from the chain to the back of the machine as tight as I could with the front roller in the saddle. Made it through the 2 shifts of leagues without the roller popping out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Bungee or a piece of #12-2G Romex wire to hold up a busted cushion

Used a distributor belt lacer to hold together a ripped carpet. (actually worked pretty good)

I think the funniest one was fixing a busted sideplate spring peg (front roller) by threading a cable through the back hook of the spring, hooking it to a come-along, tying it off to a pipe behind the machine, and cranking it up to the right tension. Wasn't pretty, but it worked.
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

We're high-tech now. We use double-sided velcro straps (1" or 2" wide) to hold up cushion weldments.

Vise grips on the plows? Been there, ...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X