• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Belts

What is the part number for the Vantage carpet
    belt everyone is raving about? I'm running mostly
    AMF belts their good belt's but man they get
    oil soaked fast. Also what is the price tag on them?

Re: Carpet Belts

V-000-026-753-P Last I saw they were running $149.

Pete

Comment

Hey SHOT; try one of "Tuffy Ugly White Carpets"(000 026 753-TW). Thats all I have been putting the last three years. Email Denny Cline of D.C.'s Bowling Service...DCBS99@aol.com
      He might even deliver 'em.
      Tell'em paul @ river city sent ya! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

FELIX IS ABSOLUTLY CORRECT,ALSO BEEN USING TUFFY WHITE CARPET BELT ALMOST 3 YRS. NOW. BEST CARPET BELT YOU CAN BUY [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Have you guys tried any AMF pumpkin belts that have been produced since May? I got the inside scoop from Ron Wood at AMF that they fixed the three most common complaint problems: too stiff, and not grippy enough inside, which both lead to hard starting.
          So I got a couple. They are pre-conditioned/softened/broken in (whatever) and are a breeze to install. They're also tackier inside and start instantly (no break in time needed). Another bonus: installed six so far and all track beautifully with solid front rollers! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          I won't know for a couple years about the stretching-at-the-ball-door-due-to-oil problem, which results in light balls idling 12" from the ball door. Time will tell.
          The tuffy whites do last longer, but only if you get it tracking good.

Comment

The best carpet out there is the Tuffy White Carpet,Tracks well and doesn't absorb oil. Next would be the AMF pumkin always a great belt. I'd stay away from Vantage carpets, they have a tendency to slip especially when the seam hits the rear roller and they also streach in the width and start unravaling .A house I troubleshoot at is going to have to change theirs this winter and go to Amf or Stahl's

Comment

BowlEquipt, solid front rollers? TELL US MORE!!
              TOON
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Felix have you had any trouble with the inside
                seam of your Tuffy white carpets coming off,
                I think it is a great carpet still have 3 runnin
                but I had trouble with the inside seam coming
                off that is why I stopped using them, Steve at
                Jug's had the same problem. One thing I will
                have to say about the Tuffy carpet is they stand
                behind their product, Steve had some seams let go
                and the carpets were approximately years old and
                They replaced them, I may go back to that carpet?

Comment

Shot,
                  Denny just left here. Said he had 3 that were marked 7 of 99 that did what you say. But who else is going to give you credit as easily as D C's? I have had nadda problemo's with the TW. I guess you and steve were 2 of the 3 unlucky ones. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Will stick with tuffy's until they do like all the rest.(change carpet manufacturers or materials) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  felix
                  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Solid front rollers? I'm listening, please explain!
                    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

82 70 pinspotter;
                      These came from Quality and will go behind your bearings and make the front roller solid. But I don't use them and I think Quality did away with them also.
                      You can use a conical spring 030 007 859 and washer 030 007 858 to center carpet. For example, if the carpet is riding the flange on the ball door side, pull the bearing off the opposite end and put on the spring first, the washer, and finally the bearing. The washer keeps the spring from going through the seal and destroying the bearing. Just remember the carpet will move to the side with the spring. Run the back end and check how the carpet tracks, if it runs too hard to the side with the spring, cut part of the large end of the spring off.
                      But I really like is the spring washers between the link & casting, part #000-024-926. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, SOLID front rollers. I've tried the Quality "solidifiers" and welding the mechanical rollers solid. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. But they are still HEAVY. Here's what's working for me so far:
                        I'm saving up (and having other save theirs) bad rear rollers, you know: the ones whose shafts have been cut by the kickbacks when the welded support breaks, or with worn shafts that the bearing won't press on to. Any with flat spots near the center (out-of-round) are tossed. Minor dents near the end are OK.
                        I keep in stock Stahl's replaceable short shafts, plus the plugs that fit into the end of the roller once the old end is cut off.
                        I mark the bad end, either long or short, with tape or red paint and take the rollers to a machine shop who has my print on the modification on file.
                        The roller must be shortened by exactly 1/2 inch. The machine shop cuts the bad end off, far enough so that the end result, after inserting the new plug, shaft, and bearing, is a roller exactly the same length, bearing-to-bearing, as the original front roller.
                        I had large washers made by the machine shop, whose I.D. is a few thousandths larger than the shaft base, and O.D. is about 5/16ths or 3/8ths of an inch larger than the diameter of the roller. This washer becomes the flange on ONE end of the roller, attached with 1/4-20 x 1/4" flat head screws & Loctite. The other end has no flange. The plug is secured in the roller tube either with flat head 5/16-18 x 1/4" screws, or by welding. Small dents near the end of the tube can be pounded out while the end is off.
                        Welding was my machinist's preference, because he would then grind down the end circumference to eliminate the enlarged end caused by the pressing of the plug into the tube (some tubes are tighter than others; Carpet belts tend to track uncontrollably toward larger ends).
                        Pop the bearings on and you're set. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        Now for the tracking issue. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
                        In all pinspotters, the rear roller is level, the front roller is pitched on an angle down toward the ball door side, and the bounce plate is pushing up on the carpet at the common side! Can we confuse a carpet belt any worse? The tendancy is to track toward the ball door. There is no way we can make a belt in this situation find the center and stay there. But we can reduce the drive toward the ball exit side if we increase the diameter of the rear roller on the common side. This will "pull" the belt a little toward the common, but in order that it doesn't come all the way over, we must allow it to LIGHTLY go toward the BDS, lightly enough that a flange (mentioned above) will keep it in place without tearing the edge apart. So, the flanged end goes in the BDS support.
                        To increase the diameter of the common end of the rear roller, I use 3M's 1.5 or 2" anti-slip step tread tape. The type that looks like rough plastic is better than the type that has sandpaper grit on it (the grit comes off and makes a mess). It has a super adhesive on it and will stick to the roller well if cleaned with chlorinite or something similar. I wrap the last foot of the roller with the tape in a spiral, with about a 1" space between.
                        NOTE: The rough surface of the tape also helps get the new carpet going, and keeps it from slipping when the pit is loaded.
                        That's it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Variations occur in the tracking of belts from machine to machine, but for now I'm attributing that to belt manufacturing. Out of the last six I did, one is tracking toward the common side (but not hitting the plate), and one is staying dead center! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] The others are gently riding the flange of the front roller.
                        Give me a few days and I'll post some specs and part numbers, maybe in a new thread.
                        By the way, the machining (cutting, welding, grinding) cost me about $35 each when I brought in eight; more if I only bring in about two or three at a time.
                        Install a quiet motor on the same machine and WOW! You hardly know it's on. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW!!

Jerry

Comment

AAAHCHEEWHAWHA....BowlEquip; Ramblin'Gamblin'Man [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] You should of played in Seger's Silver Bullet. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            You can type faster than I can comprehend. Going to need pic's with this one.
                            you curious felix

Comment

Felix. I have no means of taking digital pics, nor a scanner, yet. Keep this on your mind and watch for a new topic thread in about a week or two. I'll find someone with the proper equipment and get some photos asap.
                              B.Eq [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X