Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 cell problem

Had a new problem this evening..one ive never seen. Call came through as a bannana hang. WHen i got to the lane saw just that but with a twist. THe 10 in the RS cell was behind the pindeck. Found a pretty big crack in the casting of the table at the 10 cell.

Question is....ANy easy way to repair it without drilling holes? Table is old and im afraid of creating stress fractures within the casting.

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: 10 cell problem

Unless you know someone with a portable TIG torch, a lot of welding experience, and a really steady hand, fixing it without drilling is gonna be a trick.

Being that you pretty much have a "stress fracture" in the casting, I don't think it would hurt much to drill some holes, as long as you keep enough "meat" around them, and you drill the smallest holes possible. If it's cracked thru the corner of the table to the edge of the casting (which I'm assuming it is), you can use a piece of 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 wide, 3/16 to 1/4 thick strap iron to fix it. Drill 4 holes at the corners, keeping at least 1/4" of metal in all directions. Drill thru the back of the table casting in such a way that there are 2 holes at the upper side of the table, and two underneath... again, keep 1/4" or more of metal around the holes. Use some short bolts (3/4" x 1/4-20 or so) to apply the strap iron to the table. If it's at the corner, heat the strap and bend it to fit the curve of the casting.

I have one like this, and it's been running like that for about 9 years w/ no problems. I have an x-frame strapped, too (that's a different trick)... it's stronger than the original frame was.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Call BowlEquip. He's got about 6 spare tables. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, petey!!!!!! :p
        Why not buy a new casting? They're only $900+!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        Seriously, you can get used table castings for between $250 and $450 if you look around. Try Stahl's. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Bah...i aint buying a new table casting..already got one hehehee [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Im just going to wait and see how it plays out for now. If the casting looks like its getting weaker then im gonna strap some barstock on there like G said. THanx for the input...

deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

That table casting could cost FIVE BUCKS and I would still be shoring the broken one up with iron... I had to change just ONE in 13 years... it will be the last one if I have anything to say about it.

You ain't opened a can of worms so bad until you've torn down a table to rebild it... no thanx.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X