Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on my feet again !

Just when you think you know allmost everything about something the following happens...

A National motor was waiting for me(I was on vacation), with a note that it triggerd the safety switch a few times a day.

It's a Quality motor with double cent. swithes(they were wired serial instead of parallel and burnt quite well), I did put a new switch in( wired it parallel)and tested it and it started and breaked very good.
    Then I tried to let it run in reverse and only a humming sound was the result.

I could turn the motor by hand in both directions and thougt my testbench was maybe not ok, so I tried another motor but that was working ok(allso in reverse).

Then I changed the centrifugal mechanism and the male plug(receptable)without any succes....forward running was good, reverse only humming.

Still not trusting my testbench for 100% I tried it on a few machines with the same result.

The Ohm readings are ok (3.6 ohms on the main windings and 4.2 ohms on the start winding an zero ohms between all the connections).

I've had a simular problem a few years ago but then it was the female plug that caused the problem(atleast it solved the problem when I changed it-but I diddn't understand that either, if a motor is running ok forward it should be able to run in reverse too if another motor doesn't give the same problem(in reverse you are only crossing Y and Z)).

Only using it as a table motor is not the solution I'm looking for.

Anyone..Anybody...Ahdonoh..

Martin
    So it goes.

Re: Back on my feet again !

Not even one reply!
    Do I have to be glad about this because no one has an answer(so it realy looks like a difficult question and I don't have to feel ashamed myself).
    Or do I have to be disappointed about the knowledge of you all(just teasing you a little bit).

Bulb
    So it goes.

Comment

Lampie:

HI!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Welcome back to (in)sanity
      http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Originally posted by The REAL Androo:
        Lampie:

HI!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Welcome back to (in)sanity
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there a Dundy in my Combi???
        So it goes.

Comment

Still no answers.. can't believe nobody have had the same trouble. I've had this two times in two years.
          Still don't knowing the answer makes me crazy!
          Quality, Vantage(hey Chaddo), AOsmith, Murrey, Amf(itself), Omega, Stahl, GE and all others... don't you have something to ease my brains?(or do I have to go to the famous Dutch coffeeshop?).

Martin
          So it goes.

Comment

Fred,
            Are you sure you wired it for 230/50HZ and not 115/50HZ? If you measure Ohms of the main windings (C.T. to X) and (C.T. to NIL) you should get the same reading. Then if you measure both mains together at (X to NIL) the reading should be double because your measuring through both mains.

What happens if you `swop` the C.T. and Z wires? Does it run in reverse but hums going forward.

Comment

Do you have a Solid State start switch on this motor?

Comment

JJ,
                The ohm readings between x and nil are double(7.4 Ohms)and they are wired serial.
                I tried swapping ct and z before and this gave indeed the result you described(not working forward but running ok in reverse).
                Mech82-70,
                No I don't use solid state motor start switches.

Thanks,

Barney
                So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                  Then I changed the centrifugal mechanism and the male plug(receptable)without any succes....forward running was good, reverse only humming.

Martin
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mebbe it just just doesn't know the words in reverse...
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Laughing my a$$ off at that one G Man!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Laughing my a$$ off at that one G Man!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hum hum, humhum hummummun...

Quintia formosa est multis; mihi candida longa,recta est.
                        Totum illud 'formosa'nego:nam nulla venustas, nulla in tam magno est corpore mica salis.
                        Lesbia formosa est, quae, cum pulcherrima tota est.......

Ooops...talking double dutch again!

PAPPALAMELULLOS
                        So it goes.

Comment

Martin,
                          You pretty much tapped my knowledge on this one. The only info I have on it is from the AMF schematic. The easy way to get it back in service might be to wire it exactly like the others you have(switches in series). Good luck.

Comment

Yabadabadoooooo...
                            Found it!!!
                            The ct pin in the motor plug was bad inside(I changed the plug before but changed it with another bad one).
                            Took another plug today and the motor is running fine forward AND reverse!
                            But I still don't understand why it was working ok before(forward), if the ct connection is not good it shouldn't start running at all because the start winding is not connected.

Dino
                            So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                              Hum hum, humhum hummummun...

Quintia formosa est multis; mihi candida longa,recta est.
                              Totum illud 'formosa'nego:nam nulla venustas, nulla in tam magno est corpore mica salis.
                              Lesbia formosa est, quae, cum pulcherrima tota est.......

Ooops...talking double dutch again!

PAPPALAMELULLOS
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lampie....can you translate what you said?? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Or is it not safe to post on here? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X