Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light ball clutch?

has anyone tried the light ball clutch from lifelong? i'm having problems with my lbs's and i thought this may be a good thing to try. just curious since i haven't heard good or bad about these.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: light ball clutch?

Alex.....just do not oil or spray any WD-40 around them.

I hear the light ball clutch is good.....however I like LBS too!

Jerry

Comment

Alex: I have late 8270's with PBL's and am currently converting to LBC's. They're great as long as you understand and follow the installation and adjustment instructions. What kind of light ball problems are you having? Do they have to do with the rudder system? If not, such as balls idling 1 ft from the door due to weak carpets, then this won't help you. If your problem stems from kickers, then the LBC still might not be the answer, unless the rudder drive link on your machines are fighting the kickers (if that's what you have.)
      I'll be back with more. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

king and bowl, thanks for your input. our problem is that the lbs is constantly pushing the light balls out and i also get a lot of pins in the door. i've pulled all of them and rebuilt them and got all of the oil out of them but they seem to be extremely finikey when it comes to adjusting them. as for balls idling on the carpet...i've become pretty good at pulling pits lately.

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I just installed a Light Ball Clutch a few weeks ago on an 82-70 with PBL. It works very well. The LBC gives the paddle a lot of give. It takes very little pressure to push the paddle out of the way. Works great even with 6 pounders. Even though it gives easily, it will still kick a pin out of the door after a couple seconds. It is a simple design and not that hard to install.

Mr. C.
          Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

i personally like he super rudder instead of LBS's. set it for strong spring tension and slow back and forth. whats more important, 2-3 seconds for an extra revolution, or 2 minutes to wait for the bowler to call the desk, call down back, pinchaser to hear the end of his song, and then find the right lane.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X