Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Introduce Myself

Hello Everybody,

I forgot to intoduce myself when I joined Bowl-tech. I thought I better, since my situation is different than most of you guys. Me and my dad travel around the state of Nebraska and parts of Kansas working on AMF Pinsetters. I am 18 years old and I do all of the computer and Bowl-tech stuff. I have been around bowling machines since I was born. My dad is 45 years old and he has 31 years of experience in this field. Anyways, I want to thank everybody for the advice they have given me and will give me. You see we will need help and we will probably be able to give help also. In all, we service and keep up about 160 pinsetters! 28 82-70's and 132 82-30's. That is no easy task. Well didn't mean to bore you with a life story. Just wanted to tell you our situation.

I'm sorry if you clicked on this thinking it would be interesting. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Mr. C.
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Re: Better Introduce Myself

Pretty cool story! If nothing else different than most of us [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] I started working on 82-70's when I was 18 and I'm 22 now. Anyway welcome aboard!

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Welcome......hang around if you can put up with us!

Jerry

Comment

Sounds like you and I are a lot a like; my Dad owns a 16 lane center that has 82-30s. At one time, we had half 82-30s and half 82-70s, so I too have experience on both. We also help out other centers sround us on an informal basis. I am in the process of buying a 12 lane center myself, and I will still help Dad when he needs it. I also take care of another 12 lane center, so I only ( [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] ) have 40 82-30s to take care of, some with PBL's, some with kickers, and some with Humpies. Also sorry for the boring life story!
        TOON
        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I was also inducted at a tender age... I was about 4 or 5 when I played my first game, and I started out as a pinchaser when I was about 15... and only after I hung around with the mechanic and pinchasers for a season or two while they were working leagues. It looked interesting, and I needed a "summer job" Thirteen years later, and I'm the head mech of the place I started out at.

Welcome to the miasma... like it was said, stick around if you can put up with us [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] The usual attitude of this site is more like a local bar than an R&D laboratory... guys with similar interests, and a LOT of collective knowledge come in, hang around, and talk... in a very relaxed atmosphere. You'll find TONS of great information and help here. Think you have good tools? This place will likely become the best tool you can have in the machine room.

Again... welcome! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Familiar territory here, been bowling league since I was six. First saw some old brunswick A's when I was 11 or so. Then my friend (Son of the general manager where I still work today) got a mechanic to take me in the back on my 16th BDay as a present (which I LOVED hehe). Saw my 82-70's from the back and said "Thats it, I wanna work on these" From then on I was snuck in the back quite often, showed how to answer simple calls and on my 18th BDay I was hired as an asst mechanic and have moved up from there. A different story but a very happy one for me [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Still to this day I've NEVER seen an 82-30 from the back which I'm dying to see. Sometime I'll take a trip north to a sister center of ours and live that dream out (They have 16 82-30's there) Just a matter of time.

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X