Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl-tronics solid state contactors

I have been reading about bowl-tronics solid state sweep and table contactors for 82-70's and tought they sound pretty good but I'd like some other peoples opinons on them before I buy them. you got'em ? how well do they work ? how long they last?

Re: Bowl-tronics solid state contactors

Originally posted by xaivior:
    I have been reading about bowl-tronics solid state sweep and table contactors for 82-70's and tought they sound pretty good but I'd like some other peoples opinons on them before I buy them. you got'em ? how well do they work ? how long they last?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">About 4 years ago we tried ss contactors. I can't remember if they where bowltronics or some other brand but anyway they lasted about 2 weeks before the transistors fried. I remember calling tech support and they told us our machines where wired wrong. (We have had the same machines for about 30 yrs) IMHO I think the transistors weren't rated for the voltage. It could be that bowltronics have made some design improvements since then however and maybe you should try a set.

Sean

Comment

The SS contactors are great.....we have had a couple in for over 2 years...

No motor coasting.

No points to wear.

No contcactors to fall apart and have the caps blow.

Jerry

Comment

We have some on all 42 lanes,with no problems.

Some have been in 3 Years.
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

We have them on our 8230's over here. They work pretty darn good. I like the little LEDs that light up when the contact is closed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Been testing a pair in one chassis for about three years. No apparent problems. But I have two concerns about them:

1. The 110v goes through an SCR or a TRIAC. These devices can fail either in the open or closed position. Such a failure can probably only be caused by a severe voltage surge. Consider the scenario if your building gets hit by lighteneing or experiences such a severe surge and the triac locks "ON": table and/or sweep continuous run with no interlock protection. Therefore, a word to the wise: turn off your main breakers when the center closes.

2. (82/70 SS or MP) On the original AB or SIEMENS contactors, there is a jumper from the table to the sweep contactor. This equalizes the amperage load coming through the C1 block. Bowtronics supplies only one motor protection circuit breaker for both devices. I'm not sure if this protection works when the jumper is present. I need to investigate this further.

Nevertheless, I'm going with them across the house. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW.. thanks for such detailed answers guys!
              i think i will try some of these in the near future. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

One other concern...I have seen the table or sweep run with the switch off in the control box. Can any of the electronic guru's tell me why?

Jerry

Comment

Jerry:

Please tell me some more about these SS Contactors. Can they be energized manually? (Like for clearing interlocks?) I was looking at a pic you posted a while back and they do look interesting. I'm tempted to try a pair; only if they can be energized manually.

About you latest post...they can run with the switch off in the BE box. Which switch are you talking about? The Master CB or the individual motor toggles?

Thanks for the info.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

They will run with the motor toggles in the off position.

They are available with or without a run switch.

I bought mine without.

I reposted the pic above, however it wont pick up the pic off my homepage for some reason.

Jerry

Comment

The pic is in electrical and electronics discussion...sure pik ball return...I bumped it up.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X