of days. Here are some of the things I've tried
    to remedy the problem;
    1.changed chassis-still happens
    2.checked table cable/ok-still happens
    3.changed gripper protection switch-still happens
    4.changed bin switch-still happens
    5.changed ctm-2 it had a short/machine ran 3 days
    it only happened once, after league I changed
    ctm-1 so far 2 days no problem, is their anything I might be overlooking? has anyone else experienced this problem? God how I love them ELECTRICAL GREMLINS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Forgot to tell ya 82/70 w/Omega Tek
    1 board.

Re: INTERMITTENT PROBLEM

Pin in the flat gutter making the machine run a off spot cycle.

Jerry

Comment

I hate to argue with the King, but it says the machine is on first ball. If the machine ran an offspot cycle, wouldn't it be on second ball?
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

8270, yeah. If it did run an offspot cycle it SHOULD be on 2nd ball. Could be more then just one thing here. We had a few machines do something similar to this, turned out to be worn parts in the spotting solenoid, but one major difference here is when we had this problem we opened the fingers the table did run. This has me stumped for the moment, have to think this one thru a bit :p

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
          I hate to argue with the King, but it says the machine is on first ball. If the machine ran an offspot cycle, wouldn't it be on second ball?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go ahead and argue! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Happened once today think I might change the spotting solenoid up front next DASH GONE THING
            GOT ME PEEEEEEEEEEEED OFF! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Make a short in your GPS. Make a bridge between 11 and 12 in your channel on the TAC board(gps and cellwiring board)and see what happens.

Martin
              So it goes.

Comment

I have had a similar problem where the machine intermittently wouldn't spot pins after a stike. machine on 1st ball,fingers fully closed,all the pins in bin.I changed table microswitches-ta1,ta2,tb.I think ta2 was the cause.

Comment

Good one, jjp. I was just about to reply the same way. Remember, especially if you just recently changed to OMEGA-TEK, that the Omega board fires everything must faster than the old 5 boards, and therefore your switchws have to be more carefully tuned. TA2 and SA switch the chassis from 1st to 2nd ball and back, so the machine may be switching to 1st ball during the sweep run-through on a second ball cycle or strike.

Comment

I have had this problem once before about a year or two ago. Turned out that the spot solenoid was not tight enough and therefore did not lock the spotting latch, and the table would not go into spotting action, but the shuttle released the pins like you are saying.
                    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Don't forget to check the SB switch. For spotting to happen TA2, SB and the Bin switch all need to be closed at 186*-270* of the Sweep run through.

Comment

I think jjp hit the nail on the head, I checked
                        TA2 and it was a little tight, so I readjusted
                        it, we'll see what happens today.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X