Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet

Has anyone ever done or considered installing carpet on the bins where the heads of the pins rest?

The bin bumpers suck.

Possible contact cement or wire ties as a fastening agent?

Jerry

Re: Carpet

Nope, I've never thought about it. But it might be a good idea. The bumpers are turning to crap nowadays. You'd just have to test it and find out. If the pins break through rubber bumpers, who knows what it would do to carpet? Then again it might last forever? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    You could also think about gluing a piece of distributor belt to it. It might last longer! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Mr. C.
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

I like the distributor belt idea. I always keep the old ones to use for stuff like that. I like wire ties better than contact cement because you could remove it easier if you don't like it.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

I know this might not be practical, but, what about self-adhesive velcro to either the carpet or the distributor belt. That way, if it doesn't work, it could be removed pretty easily as well.

Just a thought...

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
        I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

I saw a pic of a '70 bin online somewhere... they used a piece of what looked to be PVC pipe as wide as the bin holder, and cut in half... looked like it had holes drilled into it, and was zip-tied in place through 'em. I entertained the thought of trying it out on a machine, but never got the chance to.

Probably would be noisier than rubber or carpet, but it would last about forever, and the pins wouldn't drag on it like they do on the rubber pads.

One of these days I'll get around to it...
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Whatever you try has to be thick so the pin closes the Bin switch. Or just keep using the bumpers in the 9 spot and the big chunk of urethane snap-in pocket rockets in the others.

Comment

I'm going to change my name to "the thread ender" since more times then not the thread seams to end when I post something. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

False...LOL

Jerry

Comment

jer,

ed and i are working on an idea to replace the bin bumpers. i'll keep you posted if you'd like. talk to ed he may want you to test for him, if it goes that far.

alex
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Thank you,

Jerry

Comment

Tried the carpet and also pin curtain. Not as quiet as bumpers, and do not absorb as much energy, therefore the cradles aren't protected from cracking as with bumpers. But ZOT has replacement cradles for our bins, which have a harder, smoother replaceable plastic insert (one-piece) which really lets the head of the pin slide out easily. Still testing; don't know how long they'll last before cracking.

P.S. Absorbing energy also increases stringer
                      life. Fewer "bustouts".

P.P.S. The ZOTs are also adjustable, to help if you've lowered or raised your shuttles.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X