Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballwipes....

Can anybody recommend where I can buy some good ball wipes?...I have only bought from AMF but those brown ones only seem to last one season.They tear too easily.I'd like to buy some thicker ones but where?

Re: Ballwipes....

ebn(ed fox) makes some good quality wipes. just make sure he doesn't send you stale chips.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I don't even use them anymore. The bowlers didn't notice a difference and I don't have to worry about changing them all the time.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

With daily stripping they are not needed......wiped are usually not turned until they are putting dirt on the ball.

Jerry

Comment

Don, drop me your address and I'll send you out a free one. We wash ours everyday and there over 3 years old with no signs of wear.

Charlie
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
            I don't even use them anymore. The bowlers didn't notice a difference and I don't have to worry about changing them all the time.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey -- I'm a bowler, and I notice.

Example: Tuesdays and Thursdays I bowl at Vista Entertainment Center. Not a ballwipe anywhere. After one game, the towel I use to wipe the ball is starting to turn dark, and so is my shirt. This happens even on a freshly stripped and oiled lane, should I happen to go there on Sunday morning.

On the other hand, at Aaron's place (Brunswick Premier Lanes #274), they have ballwipe sheets on the downsweep, which get plenty dirty, thank you for asking. But my ball towel and my shirt don't. Those downsweep ballwipes seem to be more effective than I thought they'd be.

I rather like the ones Jbees has on his machines -- they wrap around the ball lift rods. The problem with those is that a pin can get caught between the ball and the ballwipe, and the next thing you know there's a ball return call.

Comment

LMAO......Ed has cleaner ballwipes then underwear....

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                LMAO......Ed has cleaner ballwipes then underwear....

Jerry
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was your MOM parading around the house wearing my dirty underwear on her head again? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Agree with that one Mike?
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Thanks guys....I appreciate all your in put.Charlie...I'll take you up on that offer.

Comment

anybody who tells you that ball wipes dont work or arent needed is just to lazy to change them,clean mine weekly, strip and oil every day

Comment

1956.....do not assume someone is lazy if they do not have ball wipes......my place is so clean I do not need them. There are plenty of pictures of my equipment and organization to prove that I am not lazy......now clean does a ball get rolling through a dirty oil soaked towel...the only way they work is if they are changed or laundered daily!

I have more important things to do then launder ball wipes daily.

Change them once a week.....why bother.....lol...do it once a season.

Masternut...do you have wipes?

Jerry

Comment

King: Lets see em? I know even with ball wipes we still get a bit of the white shirt. We dont clean carperts because they swell. SO...i guess every bit helps. But lets not forget those undergrounds.

deadwood
                        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Deadwood.....all the dirt on the white shirt comes from the dirty ballwipes.....

Question......What happens if you wipe a clean ball with a dirty cloth?

Jerry

Comment

Nothing is gonna stop a white shirt from picking up dirt off a bowling ball, and no matter how much you clean the place, you will never have a perfectly clean ball when it comes back to you. The major purpose of a ballwipe cloth is to pick up the excess oil from the ball, before it is deposited on the rails and belts, and also picks up any MAJOR gunk on the ball (like a gob of grease that shook loose from the table hub, landed on the lane, and was picked up by the ball.) Unless you install an automatic ball cleaner and polisher on each lane return, you will never get a ball back that won't soil a shirt, cloth, pants, etc...

For the matter of picking up dust, lane conditioner, and gunk from a ball, the wipers make a ton of difference. For picking up everything... they won't, and that's good. What would happen to bowler's towel and strike-a-shine ball cleaner sales at the proshop if they did? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I agree with King. I can tell when they have the ball wipers on or not. With the wipers on, you get a lot dirtier at this place. And they don't clean carpets either.
                              http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X