Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Jams

We are having problems with the one pin going through the bin and shuttle assemblies causing table jams. Any advice on what is causing this to happen and/or how to rectify it would be very much appreciated. Also what is the correct gap between the track assemby for the head pin on the bin. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------

THANKS DIZZY HEIGHT WAS PROB.

Re: Table Jams

Immediate thoughts on this one. Check your shuttle adjustments, make sure it's not too far forward, check the height, etc. Most likely the shuttle is too far forward, the 1-bin is usually the one to really act up on me if a shuttle is too far forward. Also check pinholders for wear, and check the shock mounts on the butt plate for the 1-bin or where ever you're getting the pins jammed in the table from. That's about all I can think of for now. Let us know what happens. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

In addition to Reps suggestions, look in between the shuttle and bin to see if you have any bent tubes on the shuttle.

Also sit on it and watch to see if the shuttle moves forward when the table goes to check for a respot. If so you need to adjust the stop lever bolt for the cam as close to the lever without touching when it is to be released. Also check the rod ends on the connecting rod for excessive play.

If the shuttle moves forward and sticks you need to check that the connecting rod assembly is not dry inside and that the long tube (with the hole in it) cannot be turned, it should be tight.

Also lube everything that involves the movement of the shuttle.

Comment

Good point triac. A bent or broken shuttle tube would definately contribute to the problem.

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Another thing to check would be to see if your distributor is high enough. This way when the distributor tosses the 1 into the track, it's a smooth shot in. I've noticed if the distributor is a little on the low side, the head of the pin will bob up and down and sometimes make it through the shuttle.

I hope this makes sense.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Distributor height was my thought too. Having it too low is just as bad as having it too high.
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

My favorite remidy is to lower the rear of the head pin track, when all else fails, that is. Use a ruler, a center punch and a 5/16" bit and drill a hole 3/8 of an inch on center lower than the original hole.
              There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

Good luck with this. If you are talking about a pin double feeding out of the bin. I have found that a lot of times is is a bin stringer. A little bend will cause this st our house.

Good luck
                Pat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X