Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 problems

I have a lane that a pin will sit and roll on the 7 pin plow. Wont move until someone bowls and hits it right. Some times it could sit there 3 or 4 frames.

2nd I also also have a lane that the pin sits length ways in front of the ball door and the ball gets stuck against the pin and the ball stop creating a ball call any ideas on these problems???

Thanks

Re: 2 problems

I have seen quite a few rolling pin against the front of the plow. Never figured that one out.

For the second question, check the carpet width, the cushion height, and maybe even the bounce plate mounts.

Just a guess, I could be wrong....

Comment

i have also had these problems and most of the time i just changed out the angle part no. 000-022-878 and the pins stoped getting caught on the plow i have a few that it did not work and i am trying to figure it out but thats a starting point as for the pin in front of the ball door check the height of your cushion that might be it i have those calls to and only once it was caused by the cushion being too low.

wish i could be of more help,
      keith
      the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jandlcox:
        I have a lane that a pin will sit and roll on the 7 pin plow. Wont move until someone bowls and hits it right. Some times it could sit there 3 or 4 frames.
        Thanks
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This problem is usually caused by a carpet that has stretched. What happens is the weight of the pin actually falls in the void between the rear bounce board and the rear roller. Problem is most prominent on older carpets that have been in a while. I'll bet if you put in a new carpet you will see the problem disappear.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Or if you find the carpet's in good shape and you can't find anything else wrong, stick in an extra pin. Works every time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Since no one understands why the pin sits in front of the plow I guess I will put in another pin and try that. As far as the carpet stretched, it is the second carpet I put in. I still get the ball getting stuck between the back stop and the pin in front of the door.

Comment

I still get the ball getting stuck between the back stop and the pin in front of the door.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you have filler plates installed on your bounce boards?

--Kat

Comment

I may be mistaken....I believe the filler plater are so the ball goes into the door "downhill".

You probably need to invest into a spring shock or light ball clutch for the paddle assy.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry:

According to the post, he said that the ball is up against the cushion with a pin sideways in front of the exit.

When I've had this problem, installing the filler plate fills that void to allow the carpet to grab the pin.

A loose metal kickback panel will also cause this problem. The pin like to catch on the fibreglass sticking out.

But, yes, the filler aids in ball exiting.

--Kat

Comment

Oops. I misunderstood the post. I thought the pin was simply idling on the plow. I didn't read it was blocking balls from entering the exit. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

If we get them rolling against the plow, it's usually because there is a crack developing in the plow, and it makes a high spot flat enough to let the pin roll on it. I take them off, beat them flat, weld the crack (and place a piece of 3/16" flatstock behind it while welding), grind it smooth, and it usually clears it up. Adding covers made of rubber, urethane, or old carpet to the plows helps too, and has the added benefit of deadening a lot of noise from the pins banging into the plow.

I just noticed that part about it being in front of the exit, too... in a case like that, I've found that a stretched rubber pad or facing sticking down to far will sometimes catch the belly of the pin and hold it in place. A quick lift and tuck, followed by some new rivets usually fixes it, and if not, a little creative razorblade action works, too.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

jandicox, I bet you have a synthetic cushion on the problem lane. That's what my problem was. I had two lanes that started doing that this summer; ball against the cushion and a pin lenghtway holding it against the cushion. One of my lanes had a bad cushion block and the other had a sizeable bow in the synthetic plank from balls misshaping it.

This was a first for me and a real nuisance.

Hope this helps
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Since no one understands why the pin sits in front of the plow I guess I will put in another pin and try that. As far as the carpet stretched, it is the second carpet I put in. I still get the ball getting stuck between the back stop and the pin in front of the door.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't understand the original post.

Problem #1__What is a 7 side Plow. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                          Problem #2__What is a Ball Stop. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

About the pin sitting in front of the ball door, it could be because your carpet is too short. Or if it is an older carpet, the edge could be curling up because of lane oil it has absorbed, leaving a big enough gap for a pin to sit. If your carpet is short this could also cause pins to be pushed into your carpet by the paddle. Just yesterday I had to "Give Birth" to a pin that was stuck under the bounce plate on a short carpet.

Mr. C.
                            Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X