Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balls idling on front roller

I just rebuilt a pit and the balls idle on the front roller once in a while. 2-3 calls per night. They are idling between roller and the front of the bounceplate. What causes this?

could it be happening because the bounceplate has 3 styles of shock mounts on it? causing the front to ride high not allowing the ball to get over it?

Guess I'll just have to pull the pit out and replace it again.....ugh

Re: balls idling on front roller

see if your bearing support assembly is caught on something and also try taking the spring off them and then take them off and see if the post that they slide onto is dirty this may cause them to not get tight enough and the carpet will get loose and in turn put enough slack in the carpet to allow this to happen

i have not had this problem yet but that is the only thing that i can think of that could cause this

hope it helps
    keith
    the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

Casey,

There is a ball idling kit that you can install on the front edge to prevent this from happening. But, if it didn't happen before you rebuilt the pit, there is probably something else wrong. Like keith said, check to see if the front roller bracket is frozen to the pivot stud. Take some WD-40 and spray it in the hole in the front roller bracket and move it back and forth to loosen it up. You can pull the bounce plate out again and put the older vibration dampeners on the front side and the newer ones on the backside, this might drop the bounce plate enough so the ball doesn't idle anymore.

JMO

Mr. C.
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Next time use 4 styles of vibration dampeners to fix the problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

im just cureous but how will 4 diffrent types of vibration dampers help the problem? i may be wrong but i wouldn't think it would help any thing. to me that just sounds like a temporary fix to avoid fixing the real problem. no offense intended you probibly have more experiance that me on these machines but i've been in many diffrent feilds of mechanics (hydrolic, steam, welding, ect.) and i've never heard of something like that

keith
          the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

There is a slight chance I might be wrong, but I think Jerry was being a wise-a$$!!
            TOON
            Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

like i said no offense intended but i was just curios if he was serios and how it would help
              sorry dont mean to offend him or anyone else im still new and was just wondering if it worked and how if he was serious

i have a nack for sayng things the wrong way and i must have

keith
              the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

Jerry was just kidding! Boy, that's how rumors get started.

Casey, do not mix your shock mounts unless yuo have to. If you're going to experiment on which one fails first you will need to take three different bounceplates and outfit them with the same style. Now I'm kidding you. Don't mix them unless you have no choice just get the shorter ones at the ball door side.

I'm assuming that the ball is idling at the ball door side and just a guess, the ball idling bracket is not attached to this bounceplate.
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

It's not the same machine...however when I rebuilt the pits I pulled the bounceplate that had the idling bracket taken off. It's possible that I put that in this machine, I'll pull it someday and take a peek and replace it.

Comment

I looked on the calender and couldn't find someday. No time like the present, just jump in and feel if it's there. If it is your problem is somewhere else. Maybe your bracket has come loose.

Peace of mind goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stalker:
                      I looked on the calender and couldn't find someday. No time like the present, just jump in and feel if it's there. If it is your problem is somewhere else. Maybe your bracket has come loose.

Pease of mind goes a long way.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                      Pease
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And you were attempting to edumacate me on the word "migration"?

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Sorry Charlie, I was in a hurry and didn't double check my typing.

I fixed it for you. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

a-ha someday has come and gone. Now one day I'll fix it. It seems as though I put a bounceplate with no ball idling bracket in that machine.

Bloody knuckles tomorrow....can't wait!

Comment

hell casey it doesnt matter what i work on i get bloody knuckles [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

keith
                            the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X