Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripper Retro Fit

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Re: Gripper Retro Fit

OVERRATED....NANANA..NANA

Jerry :p :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The Gripper works and works well. It put the Humpback to shame.
      Yours for better bowling

Comment

Sparetime......lets get something straight....if the PBL or kickers worked.....Humpbacks never would have been needed.

Why has it taken you 28 years to fix the oil problem with PBL?????????????????????

Humpbacks needed a couple revisions....which they have ironed out all their problems in just months....not decades.....this is with a much smaller budget and R&D department.......

Humpback is here to stay......AMF will not make a small dent in the sales of humpbacks with your retrofit that should be FREE to all PBL customers.

Lifelong has replaced every belt I had a problem with....only 3 out of 10.....no belt failures in over 18 months now.

Jerry

Comment

It would be interesting to know the price of one of these things.

Has anybody put one in yet?
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Order me 20. I think it looks cool

Comment

A day late and a dollar short, everyone already has Stahls rail covers and belts or humpbacks.
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I agree with king and Mike. Someone at Amf saw Lifelongs profit margin and figured they better get on the bandwagon too. Just looks like a yellow set of rocket rails to me in the pic Felix posted. My guess on price-$999.95 assuming you get everything pictured for returning balls.

Comment

Originally posted by AmfPro:
                  My guess on price-$999.95 assuming you get everything pictured for returning balls.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">unless you spend $10,000 then ya get it for $997.95 plus a letter opener

Comment

I have put in the Gripper and also installed Humpbacks. The Gripper is a different approach to the rails, ball lift, and lift arm. It works under any oil condition. The Humpback may work but I can see already that the Gripper is a better way to go.

I am amaised that some people who do not have any experience with a product can tear it down.

I believe the price of the Gripper is about $300 it you have PBL's and $800 for a house with Kickers.

In my humble opinion the Gripper is KING.
                    Yours for better bowling

Comment

My bad! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] I didnt realize this was a PBL thingy ma jiggy...I thought it was designed to be used with kickers.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Sparetime it's not that we want to put down the Gripper.

The industry needed these components several years ago and AMF didn't produce.

The ball manufacturers control the industry.

If they had never gotten out of hand with the ammount of oil it takes to keep todays balls on the lane, then we wouldn't need the Gripper, Stahl's thick rail covers, Humpbacks, etc...

Injection oiling machines as well would not be here. Centers wouldn't need the 70 unit volume of oil in the heads so that the righties only transition once or twice in a three game set.

These factors were obviously coming, and with this country split Bruns and AMF, all those with AMF equiptment were left dependant on after market parts and designs from other companies.

This is the reason we're bitter.

I love the AMF 82-70ss and wouldn't trade it for anything.
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by sparetime:
                          I have put in the Gripper and also installed Humpbacks. The Gripper is a different approach to the rails, ball lift, and lift arm. It works under any oil condition. The Humpback may work but I can see already that the Gripper is a better way to go.

I am amaised that some people who do not have any experience with a product can tear it down.

I believe the price of the Gripper is about $300 it you have PBL's and $800 for a house with Kickers.

In my humble opinion the Gripper is KING.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How long kas the "gipper" been out?

The Humpback is a proven design with real tech support and product replacement if there is something defective.

So what make the "gipper" better......more moving parts.....if want more moving parts I will just wrench on A-2's.

I have spent countless hours pushing balls up PBL's pin forks......

And AMF will only charge $300 so it will return balls....ROTFLMAO

I will call Stahl's and get their lift rod cover for $70 or so and spend the rest on light ball clutches.....OOPS......someone else fixed the light ball sensor.

Jerry

Comment

Guys,

I think Mike hit the bullseye with his assessment of the current problems we face. The ball 'cycle' continues-bowlers want to hook the ball without any skill, ball manufactuers make ball to hook on ice, proprietor puts down more oil because bowlers complain the ball hooks too much, bowler wants another ball to hook on more oil, ball manufactuer makes another ball to hook more, proprietor puts down more oil to save the lane due to the new ball, bowler wants...IT NEVER ENDS!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

I have had the Gripper on for almost 3 months to the day so far and we are still waiting for a ball to yo-yo. Now, I had to remove my Brunswick rail covers that I put on several years ago to do the install, and even with the added thickness of the Brunswick cover, I still had yo-yos. The mechanics clean the belts nightly, still had yo-yos. We tried to address the problem the same way a bunch of you did with different products and solutions, until now the humpback was the only solution.

I agree, that AMF (and Brunswick) had become very complacent over the years in listening to their customers, hence the development of Qubica, Vantage, Quality, Lifelong, Zot and the array of others. These companies developed on a willingness to listen to the customer. This problem is not unique to AMF and Brunswick, it happened to IBM, Chrysler, many other companies, and it's happening to Microsoft now. Now AMF is looking to the future. The people in Richmond routinely read this site, and their own. They are opening up their ears when it involves scoring, technical support, new product development and new technologies. They have made a large array of products that the industry uses to rate how others perform, such as the pins, lanes, bumpers, and others. No one(company) is perfect and no one(company) gets everything right on the first try. I don't fault ANY company for trying and I don't fault ANY company for trying to correct their mistakes.

I purchased an installed a 'humpie' to combat a problem pair and to evaluate the product. When the Gripper was sent to us for testing, I welcomed it unbiasedly and made an evaluation based on the performance we saw. It works. If you search for my original post, however, I said AMF had developed a product to be a direct competitor with the Humpback. This is America and competition is a great thing. Americans are also entitled to their opinions. The same way some of us are diehard 82-70 fans, some of us are diehard A-2 fans. To each their own.

We evaluate products based on their own merit. The Humpbacks work, so does the Gripper.

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                            I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Where can I order the gripper or get more information about them?
                              I looked at the AMF products forum but even AMF did't know the Gripper exists..

Martin
                              So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X