Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine running strikes on standing pins

Hey everyone-wanted to tell everyone of a problem I encountered the last 2 nights and fixed last night. I had a machine randomly running strike cycles on standing pins to be respooted. We have qubica with RC wires still on as a backup to camera failure. So machine goes haywire Monday and the problem comes and goes. I tell counter guy to autoadjust camera and figure camera was off. Next night have same problem same lane again, except its worse, happening more now. So Now I change chassis and problem goes away. Got out meter later and checked continuity on 12VDC hot and ground wires and traced problem back to bad power diode or triac on an old RJ Lynch Omni board in that chassis. Just wanted to post this for you all to save you some time if you ever encounter a weird problem like this one. I thought for sure this was a scoring problem, but I was wrong. Cheers, AnfPro

Re: Machine running strikes on standing pins

Pro - nice sleuthing!
    Thanx for the tip - it's all too easy to just blame the scoring instead of going through all the possibilities.

Big C

Comment

We had this problem as well. Although we don't have table wires I would often get table jams on 1 lane. We have SS Chassis with XOP boards. Turns out it was just a bad xop board.

deadwood
      Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

is it still possible to get the lynch boards repaired??? will omega-tek do it?? ive always just ordered new omega-tek MK-70's. i have like 10 lynch boards ive never cared to even think of repairing. . . is lynch still in buisness?? .anyone know?

Comment

E-MARSHALL ELECTRONICS might repair them. I haven't run Omni's for over 13 years, but still may have a few up in the rafters. If you'd like them, E-mail me. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
            is it still possible to get the lynch boards repaired??? will omega-tek do it?? ive always just ordered new omega-tek MK-70's. i have like 10 lynch boards ive never cared to even think of repairing. . . is lynch still in buisness?? .anyone know?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lynch boards???????????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] As in "Dick Lynch? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

so i take it lynch is no longer in buisness??. i also do a few small houses that have/had these. even though they are inferior to omega-tek, they still will run a pinsetter. i take it i should throw them away eh??

Comment

why through someting away that works my moto is "if it works dont f--k with it, if it is broken fix it,if you cant fix it or if you screw it up beat it, if you break it you should have replaced it anyway [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] "

keg
                the high tech redneck!!!

Comment

If you're not running expander boards with no table wiring, I recommend hanging on to Lynch Omni's that work as backups. The most common failures were those used with Mod V Masking units.

Comment

I repair these for $50/ea. If you are interested, gimme a call at (888) 902-2695 or email me.
                    Jon
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

ill be callin you mon mornin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X