Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spares

On lane # 11 we had trouble with it picking up spares I unhooked all the linkages and hooked them up one by one and every time I hooked one up I adjusted the finger so when the table pick up the pins they were even when I hook up the 10 pin it screws up everyyhing I adjusted the rod that is hooked up to the spring and the finger locking bolt and it is still messed up when you hook up the 10 pin I put a new pair of fingers on the 10 pin there are no bent studs

Re: spares

Dane300: your link is probably too tight.

When you hook up each cell, you should move your cam link to close and open all connected cells.

You should have at least 1/4" of freeplay on the fingers. If your fingers are tight against the stops then your cell link is too tight. You need to unscrew it and try again until you get your 1/4" of freeplay.

If you need to do this procedure again on a different machine you would want to do the cells in this order. (7,4,2,1,8,5,3,9,6,10)

Good Luck
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Dane.....Mike is right....however....read the manual and start off with respot rod out front...then do it all....30 minutes well spent.

Take all roll pins and inserts off the fingers and install the Vantage insert without the pins.

Jerry

Comment

Check to make sure all 4 respot levers (little boomerang thingy #070-007-623) are not broke. Also, check that all of your RSC wire way links are not bent.

Comment

2 immediate thoughts kinda non standard but I've seen em at work before. Check the stop bolt and make sure it's adjusted properly so the cells are locking enough it prolly is but it wont hurt to check. and also check the bracket the respot springs hook to. Not the triangle plate (spring hanger) but the other end of where the springs from there hook to. We've had a few crack and bend and it would pick up most spares but not all. If your cells are all adjusted properly check those ideas out.

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I adjusted all the fingers so they did'nt open against the stops and it worked fine it picked up all spares the head mechanic came in and said that was'nt right and adjusted them back and now it does'nt work again I told my boss but he said the head knows more than me

Comment

Of course it's not right dane300, that's because it wasn't him who fixed the machine.

Sounds like you will not learn a whole lot from this guy. Or maybe you will because he must know everything already.

If he has a machine down because the respot ass'y can't hold a rack of pins then he's not too bright to begin with. I bet he grinds off the edges on his pin bottoms to eliminate off spots too. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Deadwood, just seeing if your paying attention!

Comment

Make sure your finger widths are at 2 inches when the cells are fully closed. Use your gauge to check, or you can manually stick a pin in each cell , close it, and let the pin hang. The fingers should be right at the top of the top stripe on an AMFlite. It's quite possible you have a tight cell in there somewhere causing the rest of the cells to not lock fully on the pins. Good luck!

Comment

Dane300, did your #1 get that machine fixed yet? Or did you fix it for him again?
                  Mike

Comment

this is kind of late but I fixed it for him

Comment

Dane: keep up the good work and always try to learn something new every day. Whether it is lubrication or adjustments or tracing a circuit, the books are there, but many people do not seem to want to open them unless their back is against a wall.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X