Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table and Sweep Capacitors

I ordered a few capacitors for spares after changing some out on Friday.

Opened up the box yesterday and they had some funky spade to screw adapters.

I will not put these on my machines....and it would be prudent not to use these type of connections.

The connections need to be the screw type where the connection is secure.

Jerry

Re: Table and Sweep Capacitors

I know it looks a little strange but try it. You should like it.

What is the second biggest issue with motor caps? The screws come loose and arc at the terminal.

These caps change the strain placement and stay put.

Just my opinion…..

Comment

Jerry: send them to me I'll try them.

I get my caps from Grainger and they have male spades instead of female screw holes. Basically I have to change the terminals to 1/4 female spades which are actually much faster to change if the cap goes bad.

MikeM is correct about the strain. But it also goes for the ones I'm using. If I loose a cap the problem is usually the connection.
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Did you convert all your pit motors to the screw type?

Comment

No sir.......

Jerry

Comment

The B.E capacitors are subject to greater shock loads then the combo's and they work fine. Your like me when I first saw one. I hated them because they were different. Problem is, I still hate them. I don't know why, but I do.

Comment

If you give them your okie dokie jj....I will go across the house and change them all to push on terminals.

Jerry

Comment

This is really JJ, go to the nearest bridge, climb the railing and jump.

I also have some ocean front property in Arizona that's hot right now.

Jerry, what are you doing? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Change as needed or send me your throw aways. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I don't think it matters which terminal connection you use. They both work.

I would take the $30 a machine your planning to spend and by a Rayteck infrared thermometer with lazer spotting for $100 or buy Amp meters for your combo motors and mount them at the rear control panel.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X