Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pile ups

Hey ya'll, every once in awile we get a machine that likes to pile up alot and usaully the problem isn't hard to figure out, but right now we have one machine that i'm stumped on [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] . It piles up on average 5 times (sometimes more) in a single shift, and it's ALWAYS at the 3 pin spot on the bin. All of us have watched it and can't figure it out. Heres what we've done so far: played with the kidney till we're all blue in the face, ajusted the clutch spring (tighter and losser), lightly oiled the distributer pan (which is usaully a good remidy for a machine that likes to pile up by the way) and added a lower spring, so there are 2 tension srpings at the bottom of the distributer. The bin it's self looks ok too. I'm tired of havin to sit on all the time LOL! Any suggestions?? Maybe i'm just overlooking something obvious??? Yes, there 82/70's. Thanks, take'r easy ya'll!!

Re: pile ups

My favorite trick...take 3/4" hose.....cut it down the center.....slip it over the bin stringer.....sometimes I use 2 sections.....it makes the pins sit in the bin without having the heads go over the side of the bin stringer.

Jerry

Comment

Sounds like a shuttle adjustment.

Your three pin, pin holders are probablly catching the pin bottom of the upper pin in the #3 bin during shuttling and proping at a 45 degree angle. Then the next three pin off of the distributor has no where to go.

Put all twenty pins into the bin than cycle a full rack and see if the top row lays flat in the bin. May be occasional so run several racks.

Mike
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I think MIKE is in the right area [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        it could not be shuttling the #3 all the time
        or the head pin laying over in the 3 bin when it's double loading.

jerry when is the book coming out [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
        what you going to call it?
        JERRY RIGGS BOOK OF TRICKS! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Again, if Mike is in the right area, here's some more observations.
          - Older shuttle rods have springs made out of flat wound steel stock. This type of spring weakens prematurely. A weak shuttle rod will be "slow" upon return, some times gripping the second stack pin too far toward the pin's bottom.

- Dirty/sticky pin holders in combination with dirty pins will cause similar problems.

- If you have Vantage's TWIN PIN GUIDE, the plasting pin holder that takes the place of both holders in any position, the part of the holder that "connects" the two sides may be sharp and grabbing onto the pin's base, pushing it back up in the bin, or jamming the shuttle. Grinding or filing this section down at a 45 degree angle allows the pin holder to slide under the secong-stacked pin.

Comment

THe best investment, is to buy a vidio camara,to record your problems this lets you know what is going on. The best 200.00 you can spend.

Peanut
            Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by masternut:
              THe best investment, is to buy a vidio camara,to record your problems this lets you know what is going on. The best 200.00 you can spend.

Peanut
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes!!! That is a very good idea. We did this once. The easiest jam problem we ever fixed. Just filmed the machine for a night and when we watched the tape, (not all 6 hours of course, that would be boring to most people [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ) it turns out a pin was coming out head first about once a night. Video camera saves time and money!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Louie
              Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Almost all jams are due to poor pin orientating.....do the kidney swap...it will help.

Is it possible to put a 30 orientor pan on a 70?

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  Almost all jams are due to poor pin orientating.....do the kidney swap...it will help.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry...More info please! I'm interested!

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Louis...go to the picture gallery...there ar pics from Masternut about the kidney sway I first Jerryrigged.

1. Take kidney off lane 1
                    2. Grind Point off kidney
                    3. Bend down ground off point at 45 degree angle
                    4. Mount to lane 2 with the top end still up with the rolled edge toward pinwheel
                    5. Use cushion shock spacers and 5/16 bolts and nylock nuts.
                    6. Watch FPS # go up.

Jerry

Comment

<a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&amp;link=Pinspotters_AM F/AMF_Pinspotter_Mods/82-70_Mods_From_Masternut&amp;image=pinguidemodificat ion2.jpg&amp;img=&amp;tt=" target="_blank">http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ImageFol...mp;img=&amp;tt=</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Thanks Jerry! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] That looks pretty slick [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I am definitely goin to try that sometime!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] What do I owe ya? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

LOUIE,
                          if you want to give jerry rigg something :p
                          I'LL bet he could use a few sets of drill bits and a few garden hoses and a case of super glue
                          a stack of wire ties and some duct tape and some
                          polish for his foul lites. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

the dirt man :p
                          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

You forgot the bailing wire, welder, torch, and grinder. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

Louie

Comment

82/72 guy 01:

Looking for possible 'overlook'?

The above stuff is helpful,maybe this,too, can help.

Came into recent center w/ lots of pin jams.
                              Was noticing a good majority of the jams happening at the 7 &amp; 10 corners DUE TO...
                              as trip arms are indexing pins into said bins,INNER arms are not being allowed to be fully depressed DOWN,ocasionally,'cause that inner t. arm is hitting the upper stack of either the 4 or 6 pin.

Thus-not tripping two finger stop blade.

Solution:
                              Shim UP the distributor mount(where it connects to lower crossbar) by several washers.
                              Careful though... Too high will cause pins to "bounce" as they're 'fed'.

Good rule-o-thunb before u shim...
                              Sweep both sets of pins off &amp; let bins fill w/ all 20 pins(or 21),then manually index distributor around the horn 'till you get to 9 bin.Now, index one more time to take dist. home to #1 bin &amp; be ready to observe if bracket on very front of underside of dist.(bracket may or may not be there;wish I had part #)&amp; watch to see if bracket (or underside of dist.belt if there is no bracket) hits the upper stacked 5 pin in it's bin as dist. telescopes toward 1 bin.

If bracket/belt hits 5 pin hard &amp; really pushes that upper 5 foward;shim dist. mount up till future tests indexes bearly nudge that 5 pin foward.
                              Trial &amp; error...

Happy Quaaludes,
                              The Long Winded One

Fatty
                              fatty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X