Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy belts??

Has anyone tried out the black belts by lane dynamxs?? They kind of look like the bottom of a tennis shoe tread. A salesman came by with a sample peice awhile back...it looked kind of thick....just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them.....
    Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Re: Dizzy belts??

Thick belts are a no-no.

I like Vantage high grip belts...

They track great.

Thick belts track all over the place.....cut through the belt tensioner bracket.

Jerry

Comment

Another good belt is the orange rough top belt from Stahl's. It has diamond shaped treads in it. It has a lot of grip and it is not too thick. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Louie
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

If the vantage high grip belts are green there Freakin great!!!! Put them on in March of this year and they still wont let a pin slip! They are outlasting the AMF Black top, and the Murray White belts.

deadwood
        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Deadwood....it is hard to tell but they are dark green.

Jerry

Comment

Yup...thats them! Great belts. Although Gates makes a belt that looks the same but its radioactive green. Wonder how that belt performs.

deadwood
            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

If the pics are still on my server, then these should show up...

Vantage Hi-Grip:
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G MAN,, Yep! That's the belt that I just started useing. It tracks straight and has enough texture to prevent the wood from slipping. We tried the thick diamond style belt, but they won't track straight.
                &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Slow down King &amp; kids;

AMF Jeff's question was about the new 'thicky' black belt recently introduced.

We ,too, had a rep.(Norm B.from C.B.S.)show up w/ a 'sample' piece of this new dist. belt.

My initial thoughts also echoed,"Um,thick belt,I don't know...""but send me one or two I'll try 'em out for 'ya &amp; get back to 'ya."

Two show up &amp; I get one installed -
                  Must say,I was most pleasently surprised!

GRABBY city comin' off the turn pan(we'll see as oil gathers on belt over time).

Tracking;
                  This thick,ridged sucker bearly creeped toward tensioner bracket @ ALL bin locations.

My only initial worry;

Belt lacings.I really cranked down on those bad boys, but I lack some confidence in their "bite".Time will tell over 6,8,12 months,or more, down the road.

We'll see...

But for now; thumbs up! ...

Fatty
                  fatty

Comment

I have a couple of the Lane Dynamx belts on and they are tracking great. I saw them tested at another center for over a year and there were no problems. There's nothing wrong with a thick belt unless you use the one's from Quality. Those track all over and gunk up the rollers real bad.

Pete

Comment

Poplarpetey: now just where might that other center be? LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Yeah guys, to back up ol' Petey, we've been testing them for over a year. The prototype was a tad thinner, but the new one performs just as great. Some stats:
                      -Tracks Great
                      -Lasts: after a year, looks and performs 100% like when it was new.
                      -Top stil grippy, but does not mark pins. Lets pins slip just enough during a jam.
                      -Underside is a cloth/fabric material, but the pulleys grip just fine. This underside does not leave any residue on the rollers.
                      -Did not stretch or shrink.
                      -Clipper ends were perfect after a year.
                      I think you can use a regular skiver to remove excess rubber from the top at he clipper lacings.
                      I cut the thinner prototype to 116.5 and 117. Both were fine.
                      The new thicker ones I cut to 117.25. Since the test one didn't stretch, I felt confident that the tensioner would stay put and not hit the casting. So far, perfect. Been running this new one now for about 6 months . . . no problems . . . no changes! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys....NOOLIO...bowlequip..pete... think i might try a couple....anyone tried them and had "bad" luck?? im curious about the belt strecth factor...after a few years....
                        Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X