Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy belts??

Has anyone tried out the black belts by lane dynamxs?? They kind of look like the bottom of a tennis shoe tread. A salesman came by with a sample peice awhile back...it looked kind of thick....just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them.....
    Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Re: Dizzy belts??

Thick belts are a no-no.

I like Vantage high grip belts...

They track great.

Thick belts track all over the place.....cut through the belt tensioner bracket.

Jerry

Comment

Another good belt is the orange rough top belt from Stahl's. It has diamond shaped treads in it. It has a lot of grip and it is not too thick. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Louie
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

If the vantage high grip belts are green there Freakin great!!!! Put them on in March of this year and they still wont let a pin slip! They are outlasting the AMF Black top, and the Murray White belts.

deadwood
        Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Deadwood....it is hard to tell but they are dark green.

Jerry

Comment

Yup...thats them! Great belts. Although Gates makes a belt that looks the same but its radioactive green. Wonder how that belt performs.

deadwood
            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

If the pics are still on my server, then these should show up...

Vantage Hi-Grip:
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G MAN,, Yep! That's the belt that I just started useing. It tracks straight and has enough texture to prevent the wood from slipping. We tried the thick diamond style belt, but they won't track straight.
                &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Slow down King &amp; kids;

AMF Jeff's question was about the new 'thicky' black belt recently introduced.

We ,too, had a rep.(Norm B.from C.B.S.)show up w/ a 'sample' piece of this new dist. belt.

My initial thoughts also echoed,"Um,thick belt,I don't know...""but send me one or two I'll try 'em out for 'ya &amp; get back to 'ya."

Two show up &amp; I get one installed -
                  Must say,I was most pleasently surprised!

GRABBY city comin' off the turn pan(we'll see as oil gathers on belt over time).

Tracking;
                  This thick,ridged sucker bearly creeped toward tensioner bracket @ ALL bin locations.

My only initial worry;

Belt lacings.I really cranked down on those bad boys, but I lack some confidence in their "bite".Time will tell over 6,8,12 months,or more, down the road.

We'll see...

But for now; thumbs up! ...

Fatty
                  fatty

Comment

I have a couple of the Lane Dynamx belts on and they are tracking great. I saw them tested at another center for over a year and there were no problems. There's nothing wrong with a thick belt unless you use the one's from Quality. Those track all over and gunk up the rollers real bad.

Pete

Comment

Poplarpetey: now just where might that other center be? LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Yeah guys, to back up ol' Petey, we've been testing them for over a year. The prototype was a tad thinner, but the new one performs just as great. Some stats:
                      -Tracks Great
                      -Lasts: after a year, looks and performs 100% like when it was new.
                      -Top stil grippy, but does not mark pins. Lets pins slip just enough during a jam.
                      -Underside is a cloth/fabric material, but the pulleys grip just fine. This underside does not leave any residue on the rollers.
                      -Did not stretch or shrink.
                      -Clipper ends were perfect after a year.
                      I think you can use a regular skiver to remove excess rubber from the top at he clipper lacings.
                      I cut the thinner prototype to 116.5 and 117. Both were fine.
                      The new thicker ones I cut to 117.25. Since the test one didn't stretch, I felt confident that the tensioner would stay put and not hit the casting. So far, perfect. Been running this new one now for about 6 months . . . no problems . . . no changes! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys....NOOLIO...bowlequip..pete... think i might try a couple....anyone tried them and had "bad" luck?? im curious about the belt strecth factor...after a few years....
                        Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X