Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Candlepin machine?

Finished up an auction last week with a gentleman in Maine; we got to chatting back and forth through email, and he mentioned something about a candlepin machine from AMF, namely an 82-95. I don't recall hearing of such a beast; does anyone else here know of them?

He also mentioned that there is no ball elevator to speak of; the pinwheel does double duty as the ball wheel. I might be getting some pictures from the guy, so this should prove interesting.

Re: AMF Candlepin machine?

I would like to see those pictures [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] !!

The only candlepin machine I've ever seen is a Bowl-Mor

Comment

Hey Mok, I have heard of them. The parts to them were always listed in the price manual 25 or so years ago. They were big in the New England states.

Comment

If you have a price book from about 8 years ago (and possibly earlier), check under 095 --- --- numbers and you'll see quite a few parts available for the 82/95 Candlepin Machine.

Comment

No word from the guy in Maine on any pictures, but Ex-Mech from the board was kind enough to make a copy of his parts list and mail it to me. I can make it up into a PDF file and email it upon request.

First impression: if an 82-70 and a Brunswick A-2 ever got married and had a kid, this is what it would look like. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mok:
            Finished up an auction last week with a gentleman in Maine; we got to chatting back and forth through email, and he mentioned something about a candlepin machine from AMF, namely an 82-95. I don't recall hearing of such a beast; does anyone else here know of them?

He also mentioned that there is no ball elevator to speak of; the pinwheel does double duty as the ball wheel. I might be getting some pictures from the guy, so this should prove interesting.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From what I have been told (I work on Bowl Mor's I have never seen an AMF) what AMF did was to take an 82-30 and change some of the parts around to work with the long skinny pins. If you go to Lanes and Games in Cambridge downstairs they have the "Jane" machines and upstairs they run the old AMF candlepin setters.

As for a parts list I'd love one- send to Pinmonkey722@DIESPAMaol.com

remove diespam to send mail fo course [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            -Kris W

Comment

Originally posted by Candlepin Techie:
              As for a parts list I'd love one-
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You should have it by now. Size is a little over 3 megs.

Comment

Thank you!
                -Kris W

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X