Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlocking problem

Ok guys. Got one for ya that has come and gone. I thought I nipped this one in the butt but I guess not.

Here is the deal. 1st ball, bowler throws ball. Table up to 0 down to 320 and stops. Change chassis thinking its a logic problem..problem doesnt move. Replaced motor head, worked for about 30 min then started to interlock.

What gets me is that it only does it during a respot. Not during spot or strike cycle. Before when I had this problem it was a simple case of cut and splice. The power cable comming out of the wireway was old and brittle. Cut and splice and re-wired the plug. Problem went away.

Seems to me that the motor is starting up fine and now just looses power at 320.

Question that just popped into my head while I am typing this post is...could TA be out of adj just a "c" hair?? Flat spot in the TA cam? Only reason I say is cuz the swp stops dead at 66. I know the SC and TB cams are adj correctly. Thats the first thing I checked out.

deadwood
    Well thats just like your opinion man...

Re: Interlocking problem

Deadwood-

I dunno if you're refering to the table cable plug, but I had a table lose power because the plug was loose. I never had a lot of experience in cam adjustments, but I would think the machine would not interlock safely if something was out of adjustment.

I could also be talking out of my ass. I just got home from a screen and recoat at the lanes. FUMES [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] !!!!

Comment

Before I would preform major surgery on another plug or cable....I would get out the 136/176 gauge and do all the cam adjustments.

Jerry

Comment

After you adjust the cams, as the King said, set the SC lever 1/2 turn further out. This reduces the chance for an interlock.
        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I'm trying to figure out your post, 320? I'm guessing the pins are still in the respot cells and the table has completed one cycle.

Deadwood, reach down by the clevis and put your wire to the off-spot switch back on, it has fallen off and is grounding to the machine.

I thought you'd be pretty keen on preventing off-spots by now! :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

based on what i think i understand of the prob,

sweep is drifting in, and when the TA-2 initiates sweep thru, the tavle has not cleared the interlock zone.

adjust SB to stop sweep sooner at guard. & make sure the SC & TB levers are switching. (i have seen a machine do something similar to what you described because the SC never engaged, i think it caused some logic prob with the SS chassis)

last guess would be something fell in the term strip under the chassis, crossing the cam signals. (ive seen a beer can tab lay across the term strip, causing the sweep to not run if the bin switch wasnt engaged <<--no joke)

hope this helps, good luck
            should you fail, we will deny any involvement or knowledge of your mission. this computer will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Comment

could also be the table cam cluster needs to be slid left or right as the lever slips off the cam at that point.

Comment

Deadwood:

Is this a true interlock in the sense that you can manually engage the TB or SC cam and have the pinsetter resume it's cycle? Or, is it that the table is just losing power, thus preventing the machine from finishing its cycle, since the cams are not moving?

Next call you get on this, use your finger and depress the micro on either the SC or TB to remove the interlock condition. If the pinsetter resumes, then we know its something out of time. If it doesn't resume, then its power related.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I reread your post, if it is an interlock and you can't figure which one it is, start from scratch.

Adjust all your cam switch lever distances with the cam guage. Zero out your table and sweep at TDC (top dead center) and set (move) your cams so that the cam studs are parallel to the pin deck.

Now you will have to fine tune your sweep cams from this point but your interlock areas should be clear.
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Thank you for your posts everyone. After further review and although were closed today this problem has been a thorn in my side.

To start off let me say that I have had this problem before. Sweep is dead at 66 so no swp coast. I have not tried to clear with SC or TB.

Mike: I made a mistake. I ment 70 (just before pins enter re-spot cells) not 320. Had my 360 circle backwards.

I will double check everything when we open on friday. Thanx again

deadwood

Comment

DEADWOOD,
                      now you went and done it! talking about haunted backends [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] now your getting haunted machines. the person the (ghost) LOL you seen looking into # 26 is it looking at another machine now [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] LMAO!!
                      maybe you should try feeding the ghost! LOL
                      you should try leaving a turkey dinner and a few beers on top of the machine LOL then go and look in a hour and see if it's still there! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      boy your in for fun now! :p
                      if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Deadwood......you are now on your knees at our mercy....and I like it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

Sounds to me like you have a sweep capacitor going bad. You said that sweep is stopping at 66 but jest a little coasting will cause interlock. Look into top of sweep motor and make sure that sweep motor is stoping fast. Capacitors not only start motors but are used in the brake curcuit as well.

Comment

dluke, you must work at 4th street bowl. hows barry?

Comment

Jerry:

Crud: Yup.... No leagues tonite so ill see how distruction play does on it.

deadwood

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X